To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ashburn, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
AV On-Site Service Technician
Whitlock • Ashburn, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Whitlock has a great opportunity for an experienced On-Site Service Technician to support our fantastic enterprise client base! The On-Site Service Technician provides technical support to customers through electronic dispatching, performs preventive and corrective maintenance on audiovisual and broadcast systems, provides technical support to projects as needed, and manages customer relationship from a service perspective by providing professional, courteous support at all times. The On-Site Service Technician will coordinate very closely with the Help Desk, Sales, Management and Technical Operations to identify and repair customers customized solutions, identify sales opportunities, commitments and expectations, and will assist in training clients regarding their systems design, and its technical capabilities. This is a great opportunity for a self-driven candidate who thrives on working with cutting edge AV technology and interfacing with customers!
Whitlock is a video collaboration company that provides strategy, management, technologies and support to the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. We believe face-to-face collaboration creates stronger relationships and makes way for both business and personal success. What we give to a customer is the ability to connect, work together and share ideas with a reliable video experience. Whatever you’re trying to do, and who ever needs to join in, we’ll help you share it with the world.
Our company promotes and rewards client-focused behavior, entrepreneurial thinking, teamwork, integrity and a passion for success.Required Skills
- Provide continual excellent customer service
- Answer all service calls in a timely manner
- Perform routine preventative maintenance checks and services to assigned audiovisual systems (service contracted customers) including software/firmware updates, as needed.
- Research parts, process Whitlock and manufacturer Return Material Authorization (RMA) requests, coordinate outside repairs, work with manufacturers, assist with phone support lines, provide technical support for sales, installation and system design staff,
- Balance mixer inputs, EQ rooms, and adjust delay channels as necessary to optimize audio system performance
- Color-balance and adjust geometry of large video walls
- Test and troubleshoot control system functionality (may include Crestron, AMX, and other IP-based control systems).
- Test and evaluate performance of video conference systems over ISDN (H.320) and IP (H.323) networks, including local camera and presentation source routing and control, and acoustic echo cancellation.
- Maintain an assigned base of service-contracted customers including proactively scheduling routine preventive maintenance visits and maintaining a strong working relationship with the customer based on trust and reliance.
- Ongoing education and training to include becoming ICIA CTS certified within six (6) months of employment and pursuing additional ICIA certifications on your own.
- May include after hours and on-call duties with guaranteed response times.
- This individual must work effectively with staff and senior management within the organization and with external parties.
- Have the ability to work with limited supervision and direction.
- Set individual goals.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.