PERSONAL CARE AIDE (PCA)
Sign On Bonus!!!
Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo CountiesNurseCore is a leader in supplemental staffing and home healthcare. We are currently seeking experienced personal care aides to provide exceptional care for patients throughout Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties. Consistent schedules available with a variety of shifts including days, nights and weekend visits. Coverage is for high-level care patients to include transfers, Hoyer lifts and personal care. NurseCore is proud to offer a $200 sign-on bonus to all new* PCA's upon completion of working 80 hours *Applicable to new NurseCore employees only. Must mention “sign-on” bonus during application process
- Top Pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Friendly, Accessible Office Staff
You can expect on-going support from our Clinical Director and friendly staff.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Under professional supervision, provides client assistance with nutritional and environmental support and personal hygiene, feeding and dressing and/or as an extension of self-directed clients, select health-related tasks.
- Personal hygiene including shampoo, bathing (shower, tub, bed, sponge, etc.). Oral care including dentures. Skin care.
- Buys, prepares and service nutritious meals in accordance with prescribed diet.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks and errands as related to a safe and comfortable environment.
- Works with community agencies involved with client as directed. Guides the client in social activities.
- Keeps client area clean and safe.
- Follows Plan of Care established by RN or therapist. Reports changes in client's condition or home situation to the supervising professional. Prepares a visit report daily and submits completed documentation to agency.
- Other health care tasks delegated and supervised by the RN or therapist.
- Participates in case conferences and coordination of care activities. Keeps agency informed of new training or skills.
We have a variety of PCA openings available and are excited about matching you with a great opportunity! Take a look at the requirements below, to see what you’ll need to get started.
- Eighteen years or older.
- Able to read and write consistent with job requirements.
- Successful completion of a training program in personal care services per state regulations.
- Fulfills state health requirements.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Capable of moving, lifting and/or transferring clients without posing a danger to the client, co-worker or self.
- Experience with Hoyer lift a plus
- Experience working with head trauma patients a plus
- Current CPR
- Proof of current physical/PPD
- Successful completion of the skills assessment specific to the areas of experience including any specialty areas.
EOE/Drug Free Employer #CB1
Long Term Care
See the next step in your career
PERSONAL CARE AIDE (PCA) - SIGN ON BONUS
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 2017-1340
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
NurseCore provides services through its local offices in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New York, and Texas. NurseCore currently has 24 offices in seven states, each operated by experienced managers who live in the community they serve. Local decisions mean quick, flexible adaptability to employees' and clients' individual needs.
View the full profile
Based in Arlington, Texas, NurseCore is committed to exceeding the expectations of its customers, clients and employees through ethical and professional conduct, the provision of compassionate quality healing services, and leadership in the medical staffing and home care services industry.
Since its founding more than 30 years ago, NurseCore has long stayed true to the same values and commitment to service held by its founder, Larry M. Carr, a leader in the healthcare staffing field. Mr. Carr’s legacy continues on today thanks to the combined 100+ years of experience between NurseCore President and CEO, Deborah Lollar, and the rest of the NurseCore management team.
Currently, NurseCore's roster of over 6,000 staff includes nurses and other healthcare professionals with an average of seven-and-one-half years of experience in the industry. NurseCore offices maintain State Licensure, Medicare and Medicaid certifications, as applicable, and also exceed Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.