To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bassett, VA 24055
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Web Merchandising Manager
Bassett Furniture Industries • Bassett, VA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WEB MERCHANDISING MANAGER
In this position, you will be responsible for all content and information that appears on Bassett’s website. But more importantly, you will guide the Company in creating a web experience that captivates, charms and compels people to engage with the Brand. We don’t just want a home furnishings and décor website that explains our products and services. We want a site that effortlessly decodes the complexity of buying furniture and accessories, and fosters curiosity, exploration, and discovery. And provides information exactly where and when people want it.
You will have excellent writing skills, are well organized and can motivate a team. UI will be your passion. The ability to think like a customer, invaluable. A love of home décor, interior design, and making spaces beautiful, a definite plus.
SKILLS + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Merch + Marketing teams to visually merchandise the site on a weekly basis.
- Assist in the communication and execution of the Merchandising strategy within the Website.
- Develop merchandising strategies to achieve conversion goals.
- Manage seasonal content calendar in collaboration with cross functional team of Merchandising + Advertising.
- Work closely with marketing creative team to develop image, content, features, promos, and landing pages within website to drive product sales.
- Participate in photography and help ensure the photos meet the style initiatives + marketing mix.
- Participate in weekly site testing in order to ensure correct presentation and product data integrity.
- Analyze sales for eCommerce to identify opportunities for the channel. Communicate opportunities and findings to cross channel partners.
- Analyze site metrics to connect web behavioral profiles to customer, sales, and merchandising data.
- Review weekly, monthly sales reports.
- Work with web data analyst to ensure that Product is set up accurately.
- Keep abreast of website trends, consumer trends, competition, and eCommerce technology and dynamics.
- Perform and maintain competitive website analysis.
- Knowledge of and experience using content management systems; familiarity with HTML5 preferred
- Proficiency in Office365
- Exceptional writing, communication and organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong capacity for multi-tasking, working independently and collaboratively, and have effective time management skills
- Proactive personality that is able to identify and resolve technical issues before they go out to the customer; follow-through until resolution is vital.
- A passion for retail and specifically ecommerce in today’s marketplace
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field preferred.
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.