To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10104
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Business Banking Relationship Officer
Flagstar Bank • New York, NY
Posted 7 days ago
Position TitleSenior Business Banking Relationship Officer
Job SummaryResponsible for the acquisition, retention and expansion of business banking clients and prospects. Accountable for developing revenue growth through generation of loans, deposit and fee-based services; cross-selling all applicable bank products and services to increase the number of products/services sold; identifying and selling bank services to non-clients. Act as key point of contact for branch customers as it relates to business banking needs. Responsible for leading, coaching and supporting business banking sales activities to promote business banking sales. Additionally, develop and maintain internal partnerships within Community Banking to include Commercial Banking, Merchant Services and Treasury Management.
Operates with more authority and experience than a Business Banking Relationship Manager and typically works on larger or more complex client relationships.
- Develop new small business relationships by proactively making outside business calls both in person and by phone.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customer base in designated area.
- Leverage the sales process in alignment with the retail operating model and effectively utilize high performance sales tactics to:
- Retain and grow profitable new business for business banking clients
- Support the achievement of the business banking plan for Retail
- Analyze customer financial condition and recommend financial solutions that meet the customer’s business and personal needs, while appropriately leveraging the small business product line.
- Establish Flagstar Bank as the bank of choice for small business customers within the designated footprint by participating in various community affairs and activities to promote the image of the bank and further develop new business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain a network of resourceful working relationships with internal business partners and external centers of influence.
20% CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Proactively serve as the client’s trusted advisor and idea generator by engaging the full resources of the bank to uncover and deliver value solutions to meet the key objectives of the client.
- Fully explore client financial profiles to provide creative options ensuring the full integration of all banking products to maximize client relationships. Includes: Consumer, Investment Center, Mortgage and Treasury Management.
10% PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT:
- Manage portfolio of business banking customers.
- Manage portfolio to the highest profit potential while adhering to credit policy and regulatory requirements.
- Transition clients to appropriate area when appropriate.
10% CREDIT DEILVERY:
- Ensure a complete loan package is delivered and executed per the appropriate operating model.
- Negotiate loan terms and conditions.
- Attend loan closings and ensure proper execution of documentation.
- Take ownership of the credit quality of the portfolio, compile and analyze data for loan requests and validate obligor and facility ratings.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related major is strongly desired. Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Commercial credit training preferred
- 10 plus years of sales or relationship management experience in business banking required
- Familiarity with the Macomb County market is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of prospecting and securing new business clients
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written and strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated credit acumen skills with the ability to understand as well as interpret financial statements and cash flow analysis
- Knowledge of small business deposit and lending products
- The job requires a moderate degree of physical exertion and stamina such as standing, sitting, walking, driving or infrequent lifting
Internal Use Only: Band E