To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pontiac, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Powertrain Structures CAE Methods Engineer
General Motors • Pontiac, MI
Posted 6 days ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Develop innovative CAE methods for use in Propulsion Systems (PS) to address structural & thermostructural fatigue, effects of manufacturing on structures (e.g., welding, forming, heat-treat, etc.), structural behavior of composites and multi-body dynamics. Improve existing customized CAE methods.
- Solve non-routine FEA problems in PS subsystems and components
- Use or develop customized methods for structural analysis and to perform multi-disciplinary optimization
- Deliver analysis standard work and tools for execution by product engineering teams, e.g., CAE, Design Responsible Engineers, & Calibrators
- Interface with Technical specialists, CAE & product engineers to establish project plans
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Communicate engineering results in oral presentations and written reports
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace)
- 5 yrs of experience in engineering mechanics & technical problem solving for Propulsion systems
- Expert in use of FEA software such as, ABAQUS & NASTRAN, and pre-processing software such as, Hypermesh & Simlab
- Proven experience in analysis methods development, implementation and validation is required.
- Experience in C/C , Fortran, Matlab, & Python programming
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks & demonstrate excellent teamwork
- Demonstrated success in participating and leading meaningful innovation projects.
- Familiarity with Siemens NX CAD system.
Job ID: GPS0002521
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.