To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethlehem, PA 18015
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Business Analyst
AccruePartners • Bethlehem, PA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We strive to provide comprehensive, quality and an affordable suite benefits. Our employees are eligible for Medical, Vision, Dental, Short Term Disability and 401K and other benefits.
WHO OUR CLIENT IS:
- Fortune 500 Mutual Life Services Company.
- 155-year history of dedication to customer satisfaction, success and growth.
- Employs over 8,000 significant investments in cutting-edge technology.
- Has a network of over 3,000 financial representatives in more than 70 agencies nationwide.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Culture: Productive and collaborative work environment.
- Growth: Immediate impact for one of the largest mutual life insurance companies in the world.
- Opportunity: Strong presence in the life insurance industry with opportunity for growth.
- Stability: Recent financial performance of the company has reported record profits.
WHERE THE POSITION IS LOCATED:
- Bethlehem, PA or New York, NY
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Responsible for leading business analyst teams and performing the business analysis function in both pre-project and project activity:
- Perform problem-definition and scope management.
- Facilitate and perform ongoing updates on business cases for Group profit center using a variety of complimentary techniques.
- Support strategic planning and the definition and prioritization of initiatives and project opportunities.
- Contribute to the performance of the Business Analyst, including training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Research current Business Analyst trends and best practices. Promote best practices and the development of skills, competencies and the level of maturity within the Business Analyst Center of Excellence.
- Facilitate the rigorous identification and documentation of business requirements by leading business resources through a variety of activities including:
- Proactively elicit information through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish business user requests from the underlying business needs.
- Translate business needs into business and functional requirements in a complete, correct and clearly understood format to be shared with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Coordinate validation of requirements when necessary.
- Serve as a liaison across business areas and between business and technical teams.
- Ongoing development of industry expertise by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies, and applying this knowledge to the job.
HOW YOU ARE QUALIFIED:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher.
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services (Insurance, Commercial/Retail Banking and/or Capital Markets).
- 5+ years of experience in a business analyst role, project management, or similar experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Plan and facilitate workshops, brainstorming sessions and large group meetings that cut across multiple business and functional areas.
- Ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity.
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and correlate complex and conflicting information.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while delivering high-quality outcomes.
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office tool set, especially Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Working knowledge of Group Profit Center operations and a comprehensive understanding of business process or functions from both an operational and technical perspective.
- Working knowledge of Group products and/or associated procedures.