To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lexington, VA 24450
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Team Member I
Follett • Lexington, VA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position greets customers, assists customers with inquiries, both in the store and on the phone. Operates the cash register and is responsible for processing all facets of customer transactions in accordance with established processes and policies, with a focus on safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices. Shelves product and partners to ensure product is signed and displayed properly.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Greet customers and render assistance as necessary responding to inquiries of products and merchandise.
- Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries or direct calls for appropriate resolution.
- Operates cash register tabulating transactions, accepting payments, giving change, bagging purchases and processing employee or faculty discounts as appropriate.
- Starts up and shuts down register, trouble shoots, counts down register, perform cashier audits, etc.
- Balances the cash drawer including checks and the credit card receipts and student charge slips.
- Observes safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices when accepting cash payment, making change, accepting checks and credit card payments, and processing refunds/buybacks. Includes cashier integrity to safeguard register and drawer deposits.
- Test EAS security system daily and approach customers who set off EAS system investigating alarms, resolving issue and logging EAS activations.
- Receive, sort and open, as necessary, mail. May also take outgoing mail to mailbox or Post Office.
- Carry and shelve merchandise inventory; may also pull and package merchandise for return to vendors.
- Straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs.
- May be required to mop, vacuum, clean shelves and take out trash.
- Ensure inventory controls tags are removed and/or replaced on merchandise according to company standards as applicable.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping in accordance with Retail Store Operations.
- 0 - 3 years of previous experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills including effective communication
- Computer literacy
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload