To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10104
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Business Banking Group Manager
Flagstar Bank • New York, NY
Posted 2 days ago
Other Great Industries
Position TitleBusiness Banking Manager
Job SummaryResponsible for the management of a team of Business Banking Relationship Managers which focuses on new business development, portfolio management, credit quality and overall relationship management of their assigned client portfolios. Generally, customer revenues can range from six figures to multi-millions of dollars, and loan sizes can range up to $2.5mm or more. Customers are typically Michigan based commercial businesses, including manufacturing, wholesale/distributors, healthcare, medical, dental and other professional service firms, transportation, and other private enterprises. Partners with and supports Retail Executive Management, Market Leaders, and Branch Managers to capitalize upon and leverage the Retail Branch Platform and referrals, as well as external Centers of Influence and contacts, to expand the lending and deposit portfolios. Will be instrumental in working with key partners to help buildout and enhance “speed to market” and credit automation tools across Business Banking (e.g., including scoring/pricing process that provides quick and effective outcomes). Provides input to pricing and market competitiveness based on experience and market research. Oversee/manage audit, compliance, and regulatory matters for the department. It is a relationship-based portfolio with significant cross-sell opportunities in consumer and retail products. Ensures the generation of revenue by cultivating commercial account relationships and ensuring strong credit quality thresholds are met. The manager will be the point of escalation for any complex or challenging relationships/transactions.
- Strategic Planning: Partnering with Division management to create a strategic plan for the Business Banking Group and creating action plans to ensure the achievement of the plan including setting and tracking individualized goals for each team member in regards to production and revenue, and forecasting results for management based on existing pipelines.
- Management of the Team: Monitoring and coaching performance of team members, ensuring that relationships are created and maintained, taking appropriate action to ensure goals are achieved (including sourcing deals personally), while taking corrective actions if goals are not being achieved and leveraging expertise and knowledge to develop an outstanding team. Attracting, developing and coaching a successful sales team. Responsible for hiring, training, development, and handling of salary administration, performance reviews, and employee relations issues; as well as participating in the coaching, training, and development of retail referral partners.
- Portfolio Management/Revenue Generation: Lead and help development of the team’s network of clients and centers of influence with fresh prospects at any time in order to expand opportunities. Serves as an escalation point for any and all client relationships, addressing any issues and removing obstacles to ensure a smooth and beneficial transaction. Personally manages client relationships as needed or deemed necessary. Assist team with generating revenue, deposit gathering and fee production. Work with product partners on cross-sell efforts to deepen relationships and improve profitability.
- Credit Quality: Ensuring the team is pro-actively monitoring the credit quality of their portfolios through timely financial statement gathering, monitoring client’s compliance with ongoing required reporting and properly analyzing financial information. Partnering with the credit team to recommend and take appropriate corrective actions as needed.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field is required
- Formal credit training is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in commercial lending / business banking lending / small business lending (either production or credit roles)
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, SBA programs preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong credit and analytical skills
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements. Ability to stay abreast of industry trends, as well as legislation and regulations that impact the business.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong relationship management and business development/sales skills
- Proven success in consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Excellent customer service and community relations skills
- Strong coaching skills and proven track record of effective pipeline management
- Ability to foster internal and external collaborative partnerships that deliver value for customers, partners and the organization
- Strong influencing and conflict resolution skills
Internal Use Only: Band C
Job ID: 02362
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.