To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
PeopleSoft Technical Lead (Proposal)
Octo Consulting Group • Washington, DC
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Technical Team Lead to join our growing team.
The Technical Lead / Developer will lead a team with the following responsibilities:
- Enhancement Support:
- New Technology/Product Services Analysis
- New Technology/Product Implementation and Support
- Enhancement Requirements
- Enhancement Design
- Enhancement Development
- Enhancement System and Regression Test Support
- User Acceptance Test Support
- Release Documentation
- User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Improvement
- Enhancement support includes the following activities:
- Support the Architect in performing engineering analyses regarding the designs for to-be architecture as well as an impact of newly released functionalities on the HR Connect System. Provide relevant advice and guidance demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the Federal Market space and alignment of commercial and best-practice industry solutions to Treasury and federal agency customer missions. Provide guidance and recommendations regarding integration strategies of new systems and emerging technology components to the overall architecture and system landscape of the existing HR Connect System.
- Ensure the new capabilities meet all Treasury and HRCPO requirements for operations and maintenance.
- Provide unit testing services for all developed solutions and resolve all defects identified in the testing cycle, through deployment to production.
- Ensure that production-ready version of the capability meets the established user acceptance criteria of the HR Connect customer community.
- Provide support to develop use and test cases in support of technical solution, integration, and user acceptance testing as well as independent testing for the developed solution/troubleshooting support.
- Implement a rigorous and automated test methodology.
- Complete all the required activities to successfully transition the new capability to O&M based on the established Government technical manager acceptance criteria of the HR Connect Program Office.
- Document business requirements and change requests in accordance with HRCPO approved Change Management procedures. Change requests will be recorded in the change management tool and addressed in consort with the design and development teams.
- Evaluate functionalities available in PeopleSoft 9.2, and capabilities offered with the PeopleTools / PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) update in addition to HR Connect functionalities when preparing the functional design. Create designs that maximize the use of delivered fields and functionality and retire existing customizations in order to create a sustainable application that supports long-term maintenance and reduces upgrade and maintenance costs.
- Maintain the HR Connect developer toolset and associated repositories for system problem reporting, batch objects, version control for internal objects through locking, change request reporting and tracking, object migration request tracking, and PeopleSoft patch implementation.
- Ensure that electronic and information technology is compliant with the Electronic and Information Technology Accessibilities Standards in 36 CFR 1194 Section 508. Ensure that technology is accessible to employees and members of the public with disabilities to the extent it does not pose an 'undue burden.'
- Application O&M Support:
- Support Helpdesk cases escalated to Tier 2 and 3 level where O & M application team may be part of the research or resolution to close the case.
- Resolve all defects reported by the Help Desk (users) and internal project teams which include Technical Functional and Quality Assurance and all tickets will be closed timely. Resolve defect resolutions within the Defect Design Document and upload it to the Government defect tracking tool.
- Work with the Government release manager to schedule defects for a production release.
- Design a solution to ensure setup tables are synchronized and maintained in conjunction with OPM and/or payroll provider modifications.
- Provide technical solutions to automate PeopleSoft/NFC setup table updates using the Government Technical Manager recommended tools and technology or the latest PeopleSoft/Oracle tools and technology such as Integration broker, SOA etc.
- Document all technical solutions presented to the Government Technical Manager within the Technical Design Document or a separate document that will allow other team members to follow the steps to replicate any required setup and debug issues.
- Provide documentation on debugging any issues with the new tools and technology.
- Implement the Government approved resolution in accordance to HR Connect Development and Release Management standards and direction from the Government Technical Manager.
- Analyze change requests, prepare Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Level of Effort (LOE) estimates that capture all necessary components for full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) unless otherwise specified by the Government.
- Testing will also comply with Section 508 FAR requirements.
- Experience performing as technical lead for at least 2 new deployments, major upgrades, and/or major enhancements to Oracle PeopleSoft HR based systems for a Federal Government client
- Hands-on experience with development, customization, upgrade, and/or maintenance with PeopleSoft HR v9.2, PeopleTools, and PeopleSoft Update Manager on at least 2 full-lifecycle engagements
- Expert understanding and experience using configuration management and application development lifecycle management tools for multi-customer, shared services environments
- Experience utilizing new Oracle/PeopleSoft application development, sustainment, and lifecycle management features to drive program efficiencies
- Expertise with application integration, data conversion, and data management tools, processes, and methodologies
- Knowledge of WebLogic 12.1 and Tuxedo 12.1 desirable
- Hands-on experience developing PeopleSoft applications on an Oracle database, and developing and/or modifying SQR interfaces and reports
- Experience documenting technical specifications and developing test cases
- Experience providing technical estimates and support of business case and change request development activities
- Strong relationship management, leadership, collaboration, and verbal and written communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience as technical developer on Oracle/PeopleSoft HR system implementations, major upgrades, and configuration management, and/or major enhancements
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or equivalent (required)
Certifications and Clearance:
- Clearable to Active Treasury High Risk Background Investigation (BI) (required)
- Active Treasury High Risk Background Investigation (BI) (preferred)
- PeopleSoft HR 9 Consultant (preferred)
- Agile Certified Scrum Master (CSM) (preferred)
Preferred Experience and Capabilities:
- Agile project experience
- Leadership of a team of 5 or more staff
- Experience with implementing cloud-based and hybrid cloud application suites
- Experience supporting Treasury HR Connect system or another Federal HR LOB system
- Experience using PeopleSoft Update Manager, Change Assistant, Test Framework, Performance monitoring and management tools to drive modernization and efficiencies
- Experience leveraging newest application tools and features to reduce product customization.
Location: Washington, DC
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role
- US citizenship required as per potential clearance requirements
- Relocation will not be offered
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation