To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Raleigh, NC 27601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Structural Engineer IV, Broadcast
American Tower • Raleigh, NC
Posted 29 days ago
The Broadcast Structural Engineer IV is an expert on all aspects of structural engineering on broadcast towers and supports leasing and operations through both project management of engineering vendors and by providing internal support. The incumbent manages all aspects of workflow relating to broadcast towers, including analysis bidding, vendor selection, vendor tracking, inspection review, remediation, and analysis review. The incumbent provides quality control review of engineering services performed by vendors.
- Serve as the main point of contact and internal expert for all broadcast tower engineering-related activity.
- Manage broadcast tower portfolio by serving as the project manager for all outsourcing and reviews of structural analyses.
- Review inspection data, either directly or through support from vendors, to determine necessary tower maintenance and remediation in compliance with internal Standard of Care.
- Review requests for engineering services to determine if adequate information is provided to complete service.
- Review tower structures and foundations for existing, proposed, and reserved tenant configurations.
- Provide direction and training to less experienced engineers.
- Ensure accurate project status reporting to facilitate accurate customer and sales reporting.
- Complete specialized engineering assignments requiring complex calculations.
- Keep abreast of new technical methods and development related to tower engineering.
- Adhere to applicable quality control procedures.
- Independently perform most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected.
Other duties as assigned
- Advanced knowledge of broadcast tower structures and design methods.
- Sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained engineer.
- Proficient with computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to give direction and training to Engineering department peers and teammates.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different levels of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability for high focus on accuracy and detail orientation.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related field required.
- Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Professional Engineer ("PE") license required.
- Ability to become licensed as a PE in multiple states via reciprocity strongly preferred.
- Structural Engineer license preferred.
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveyors certification preferred.
- Required experience includes at least one of the following:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with tower design and analysis, with minimum of 4 years’ experience focused on broadcast towers.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in construction or field engineering of steel structures.
- Minimum of 15 years of structural engineering experience.
- Advanced knowledge of tnxTower structural analysis software required
- Knowledge of Risa3D structural analysis software preferred
- Working knowledge of TIA/EIA-222 code and other relevant specifications strongly required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Active member of professional organization or technical society preferred.
Approximately 95% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 5% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities. Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.