To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gardena, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MEGGITT • Gardena, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
This work consists of performing the set-up and machining operations of a complicated nature on the small machine tools including the set-up and operation of CNC vertical mills, lathes, drill press, multiple spindle drills and riveting machines. Employee may do short production runs on one or more of the machines or follow through on standard operations from one operation to another. This job includes machinig steel parts to size and shape required to meet specifications and operation of small machine and production tools. This position is for the second shift 4:30 pm to 1:00 am.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Employee must be able to proficiently use machine hand tools and measuring instruments to secure tolerances and fits required. Must know shop mathematics, be able to use machinist hand book and follow approved shop procedure.
- Employee must be familiar with the working characteristics of various metals and machine tools and be able to use proper feeds and speeds, works to close tolerances from blue prints, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Employee must know how to use a standard set of machinist hand tools, however special tools and equipment are furnished. Work is performed while standing or walking. Occasional heavy lifts are required.
- Employee is subject to general machine shop working conditions.
- Employee is responsible for the proper care and use of tools and equipment to secure desired results and meet specifications.
- Operator is responsible for proper care and operation of equipment, proper handling of material, the orderliness of their working area and the application of approved shop procedure. May be required to direct and instruct others on this work. (The above does not include employee who specialize in operating specific machines or performing the less complicated operations on one or more machine tools.)
- Employee may be asked to performe other duties as directed by management
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience: 5 years or more of relevant experience
- Experience in semi-repetitive specialized machine operations
- Strong experience in machining tools
- Ability to use hand tools and machinery
- Able to follow instructions, sketches, blueprints, engineering drawings and manuals
- Capable of problem-solving: Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Effective oral and written communication
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].