To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Linden, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Food Quality Inspector
Lyneer Staffing Solutions • Linden, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Local Food Warehouse in Linden, NJ is seeking a Quality and Assurance Food Inspector with experience and knowledge of USDA and FDA guidelines.
Food Inspector Job Description:
Responsible for physically inspecting fresh food at our Linden, NJ warehouse.
Food Inspector will have Knowledge of FDA/ USDA guidelines and communicate those findings back to upper management
Food Inspector Responsibilities & Duties:
o Using USDA and Corporate customer specification, you will grade product for quality, condition, weights, and size.
o Understand the use of the tools needed for quality inspections to include sizers, scales, calipers, and other measuring devices.
o Communicate to upper management to findings
o Be able to complete proper documents both written and on computer.
o Collaborate with management regarding specific quality issues requiring resolution.
o Collaborate with the packing line regarding any specific concerns with QA (i.e. size concerns, bruising, etc) in order to help ensure customers receive highest quality
o Execute quality checks on the product in the cooler suitability for shipment.
Food Inspector Requirements:
* Knowledge of USDA/FDA industry and regulations.
* Ability to learn the inventory program.
* Ability to execute Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
* Fluent in English.
* Able to lift
* Able to stand for long periods of time.
* Work in a refrigerated area
* Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
* Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
* Work effectively as a team contributor
* Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other
Food Inspector Hours Monday -Friday first shift, pay rate based on experience