To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eden Prairie, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AEA - Senior Healthcare Economist, Lewin Group, Falls Church, VA or Eden Prairie, MN
UnitedHealth Group • Eden Prairie, MN
Posted 15 days ago
- Design and conduct studies that require advance empirical methods or mixed quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
- Lead tasks and projects, manage research staff, ensuring that all projects are conducted with sound analytic methods
- Draft research reports, interpret and present findings to the client and to technical and non-technical audiences
- Support technical proposal writing
- Serve as a resource to other staff in methodological or health care policy areas
- PhD in Economics or allied field with 3+ years’ experience post-PhD
- Will consider Fall 2018 graduates
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: applied microeconomics, labor economics, applied econometrics, health policy, program evaluation
- Must be conversant with the policies and institutions that define the US health care system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, intellectual curiosity
- Ability to explain complex economic and analytic concepts to non-technical audiences
- 2+ years of experience analyzing health care data, especially Medicare, Medicaid and/or commercial claims data or public use data sources such as the American Community Survey, Current Population Survey, and the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey
- Experience using advanced analytic or computational methods
- Experience in policy analysis
*The Lewin Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Optum - UnitedHealth Group. Lewin operates with full editorial independence and corporate firewalls.
To apply, please use the link below to submit your CV, cover letter and job market paper or sample of your research. Respond to our Healthcare Economist posting if you have fewer than 3 years' experience post-PhD. Click on Apply Now at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Apply Now at the bottom of the screen
- Click on New User or Log In
- Follow the application process. This includes filling out an application and answering questionnaires. You will upload your resume, cover letter and job market paper in the sixth step of the process.
- Please remember to hit Save and Continue to move through the steps.
- The process will be completed when you hit the Submit button.
For any application questions or issues, please contact Sarah Cole at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 312-348-7058.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Key Words: PhD, Economist, Econometrics, Healthcare, Public Policy, Labor, Quantitative, Qualitative, Studies