To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, NJ 07940
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Store Manager (Part-time)
Follett • Madison, NJ
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in supervising and managing Store operations (college bookstore or convenience store). Plans and prepares work schedules ensuring coverage. Greets customers and answers phones to respond to inquiries and resolve escalated issues. Provides training on Store, company and/or school operations. Receive and unload merchandise verify orders, and displays merchandise in accordance with company standards. Routinely audits accounting and cash functions to ensure policies and procedures are being followed in the store. Partners with various support partners to include Store Operations, AP, HR and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values - Integrity, Accountability, Customers, Each and Every Associate, Innovation and Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in Follett Strategic Competencies.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervises the work activities of sales team members FT/PT and Temporary including:
- Schedules team members work hours
- Trains new team members FT/PT and seasonal team members hired for peak seasons
- Ensures Sales Team members follow company and store policies, procedures and standards
- Ensures the proper merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- Performs onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Greet customers and answer phones and provide information, direct callers and resolve escalated issues. Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Receive, verify and unload orders as necessary.
- Operate cash register and store computer to accept payments, place orders, make change adhering to safe cash handling procedures including balancing cash drawer and preparing bank deposits.
- Stock shelves and take inventory per Store schedule.
- May provide general Store cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and dusting) and straightening (shelves, displays, and register areas).
- Executes merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- May fill in for other personnel during breaks, lunch, vacation or peak seasonal periods, including register operations, shipping/receiving, textbooks, and various departments throughout the store.
- Key holder with opening and closing responsibilities.
- Calculates deposits, counts cash drawers, counts the safe, works with accounts receivable (CARRR) and works on collecting bad checks.Balances cash, credit cards and checks to register tapes. Checks invoices against purchase orders and credit memos against charge-backs to ensure accuracy. Compiles data for end-of-month reporting. Researches accounts receivable problems and handle the bad check recovery process. Investigates the reason for cash drawers not balancing.Enters and produces the Daily Sales Report, month end reports, and payroll reports.
- Applies shrink prevention practices and activities, such as visible customer service, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 - 3 years years of experience
- 1 -- 3 years retail or bookstore experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience preferred. Computer literacy required. Ability to organize and prioritize workload. Effective verbal and written communication.
- General Computer Skills