To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bridgeport, NJ 08014
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Cost Accounting
OMEGA • Bridgeport, NJ
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Development and refinement of the Company’s cost accounting system on a global basis
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures to strengthen the Company’s internal control environment
- Analysis of changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing method, and services to evaluate the impact on product costs and margins
- Provide management with improvement opportunities in yield, labor efficiencies, and overhead utilization
- Analysis of actual manufacturing results and preparation of periodic reports and presentations
- Supervision of the Company’s global cycle counting program
- Periodic review of Excess & Obsolete inventories, including disposition analysis and recommendations
- Monitor and review fixed asset budgets, acquisitions, and inventories
- Assistance in internal and external audits, physical inventories, month-end financial closing procedures, and budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 7+ years related progressive experience in a manufacturing environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years supervisory experience.
- Lean knowledge and practical experience is required.
- Experience with ERP systems including Syteline or Infor Could Suite Industrial is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated computer skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including intermediate/advanced Excel skills.
- Good organizational and mathematical skills to assure timely goal completion and accurate record reporting.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.Qualifications Skills
Licenses & Certifications