To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lee's Summit, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Food Service - Lakeside Grille
John Knox Village • Lee's Summit, MO
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Currently John Knox Village features 7 individual dining outlets spread out over the 400 acres of residential property each with a unique menu and style of service. Fireside is a cafeteria, Lakeside Grille is a quick service restaurant, Courtyard Café, Places Restaurant, and the newest, Stories Public House and Metropolitan are full service restaurants, and then there’s the Coffee Shoppe. Each outlet is at least a mix scratch restaurant. Courtyard Café, Places, Stories Pub, and Metropolitan are 70 to 99% scratch made-to-order kitchens. Lakeside has some cook-to-order and some batch cooking for the meal period. Fireside is mostly batch cooking. All kitchens utilize prep and line cooks under the tutelage and leadership of a chef. Check averages range from $6.50 at Fireside to $20.00 at Metropolitan. All outlets feature flexible hours, full- and part-time positions. All full-time positions are benefit-eligible to include up to 5 weeks of PTO for the year. Each outlet has different hours of operations, the earliest starts service at 7am and the latest closing time is 8pm, so say goodbye to getting off work at 2am from a typical restaurant. Servers working the full-service restaurant earn a higher wage than a typical server in the retail world plus earn gratuities as well.
JOB SUMMARY This position performs a wide variety of duties in a restaurant, dining room and kitchen environment. These duties may include, but are not limited to: functioning as host/hostess, setting up the dining area, taking food orders, serving food and cleaning and sanitizing the dining areas. Responsible for following instructions and carrying out assignments properly. Supportive of the Village’s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training hours as required by policy. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS • Sets up and cleans the assigned dining areas • Relay orders to kitchen and serves food. • Performs food preparation. • May be responsible for cash handling and Point of Sales use. • Observes residents and responds to additional needs. • Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct. • Handles stress well and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department. • Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements. The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.Requirements ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Candidate must be at least 16 years of age.
• This position requires the level of education typically acquired by a course of study leading to a high school diploma or GED.
• Must obtain current Food Handler Permit within 30 days of start date.
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
• Ability to work with a large group of residents/customers.
• Beginner level knowledge of cash handling and cash register operation.
• Awareness of cost control responsibilities of the position within the Department.
• Ability to work irregular hours.
• Ability to speak in simple sentences.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
• Ability to perform tasting and/or smelling. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but straight-forward written or oral instructions.
Post-offer background check and drug screen required.
Questions can be directed to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]