To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Southfield, MI 48034
- Credit Acceptance Corporation
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Business Analyst - BIS
Credit Acceptance Corporation • Southfield, MI
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Business Analyst (BIS)
Why Work For Credit Acceptance?
Credit Acceptance is a rapidly-expanding company with extensive growth opportunities. We are proud to say, for the 4th year in a row, we have been named one of Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our team members and culture create a positive workplace that drives us to succeed, making Credit Acceptance one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
We offer a great work environment, awesome team members, competitive benefits, progressive career opportunities, a casual dress code and we work hard to ensure every team member is empowered to work to their fullest potential.
Credit Acceptance offers team members:
- In IT the opportunity to work with progressive technologies, including the latest database, development, storage, and computer technologies available
- Extensive growth opportunities as demonstrated by our track record of promoting internally
- An atmosphere that is collaborative, challenging, and filled with forward thinking team members
- Ongoing business training and career development opportunities
- Strong work-life balance with generous PTO beginning on day 1
- Competitive market-based salary with quarterly profit sharing and annual merit bonuses
- Excellent benefits package that includes 401(K) match, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical/dental/vision along with additional benefits that make us a great place to work
- We are hiring a Business Analyst within our Data Warehouse (BIS) team.
Responsibilities in your area will include:
- Produce business requirement documentation by understanding business needs.
- Provide the technical team with clear, concise functional requirements that meet the needs of the business.
- Document and maintain Business Intelligence processes and data/metric definitions.
- Investigate, analyze and understand data contents of source data systems
- Research, evaluate, and identify data anomalies, definitions and transformations
- Document and explain data lineage from source to target within the DW environment.
- Understand dependencies and timing issues between source systems and data warehouse operations
- Adhere to Data warehouse modeling/design and documentation standards.
- Perform ad hoc query and reporting requests to address business needs.
- Consistently and efficiently perform testing on new initiatives and current processes as well as respond to production support issues when requested.
- Ensure standards are maintained across data structures, definitions and documentation in DW.
Who Are We Looking for?
Our ideal candidate for this role needs to:
- You need to be able toconvey complex information in a timely and easily understood manner throughout all levels of the organization.
- You need to be customer focused, always having the customer and company's best interest in mind.
- You need to be able to respond promptly and effectively to problems, projects and tasks.
- You need to be organized, with ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests.
- You need to be able togain trust of others and build relationships, both across and vertically, throughout the organization
- You need to be able to demonstrate initiative by being proactive in work duties and making recommendations as opportunities arise
- You need to be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a team environment
- You need to be able to work well with abstract concepts
- You need to be able to work onsite at the required CA work location
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, economics, finance, physics, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a Business Analyst role
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines
- Experience using programming tools like Toad, SQL Developer, OBIEE, etc
- Skill in SQL or other related programming languages
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and relational databases, DW best practices
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Project Management experience
Company Core Values:
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well-considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is an equal opportunity employer.