To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Social Media Manager
UPS Professional • Atlanta, GA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Social Media Manager determines the social media strategy in support of UPS plans, objectives, and campaigns to build content relevance for marketing to UPS target audiences, to drive engagement and create a favorable selling environment, establishing the resource requirements needed to execute. He/She provides content and social media strategy best practices for all business units to use across multichannel campaigns, including social, search and digital/video channels, content writing, editing, and content management to determine best user experience.
The Social Media Manager leads and manages the social media team of managers/editors/writers, as well as project producers. He/She provides interactive campaign project management and strategy guidance. This position drives collaboration and integration of social media to favorably influence audience perception of the UPS brand.
- Manages online advocacy, social community outreach efforts, training, governance, issues monitoring, channel and campaign measurement to achieve business objectives.
- Manages content and messaging within communications campaigns, including content strategy, goal setting, project resources, project lifecycle/schedule, content management and editorial deployment to oversee projects from beginning to end.
- Determines metrics and relevance/engagement tactics to ensure consistency and to identify optimum interactive campaign results across all business units and target audiences.
- Integrates UPS enterprise goals with communications department goals to establish strategic process improvements for the development of social media content and content management.
- Oversees the development and implementation of campaigns and project plans in social media channels and best practices within channels to ensure proficiency and achieve desired results and best target audience experience.
- Strategizes with communications managers about plan objectives to achieve maximum amplification and distribution of content to influencers.
- Researches current technology and content marketing trends to keep abreast of potential opportunities for UPS.
- Manages the social media team and UPS agencies of record and third party publisher strategic partners and writers to ensure quality and delivery of content is on strategy, on budget and according to specifications.
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Budget Management: Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area’s budget on organizational financial plan.
- Communication Design and Management: Designs messaging and visuals for appropriate audience; specifies needs and requirements for new communication programs; identifies and addresses logistical issues with communication programs.
- Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for moderately complex and medium duration projects as well as basic programs; defines most of the initiatives project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; develops recommendations on best way to fulfill the project requirements given the current project and organizational dynamics; overcomes basic organizational resistance to cross-functional demands; demonstrates
ability to successfully apply the project management discipline and remains current on project management practices and tools.
- Technology Knowledge: Leverages technological knowledge to achieve business objectives; resolves technological issues impeding work; adapts technological information, facts, or data to varying situations or groups; recommends changes to technological approach based upon knowledge of trends and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Advertising, Business, English, Communications, Journalism, or Marketing – Preferred
- Master’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
- Experience creating or managing digital communications – Preferred
- Experience managing multiple deliverables with budget oversight – Preferred
- Experience managing branding/advertising or digital/social agencies – Preferred
- Experience with project management - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity