To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Mill, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Application Engineer - Power Transmission
Schaeffler Group • Fort Mill, SC
Posted 10 days ago
Experience - At least 3 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
Engineering, Information Technology
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Schaeffler, a global industrial and automotive supplier of high precision engineered products, is seeking an Application Engineer - Power Transmission to support engineering within our business unit dedicated to Power Transmission Applications. The Application Engineer - Power Transmission will work in supporting engineering projects for high profile customers and will provide technical assistance to Schaeffler’s customers in the form of innovative and cost-effective bearing design proposals. The Application Engineer - Power Transmission is an expert in Schaeffler systems and procedures, and anti-friction bearing technology within Industrial business applications. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Formulate industry leading written design proposals and presentations by obtaining application data, information, and generating requisite calculations
- Evaluate design information, calculations, and test results
- Work with Product Engineers to ensure cost-efficiency
- Perform design failure mode effects analysis, returned bearing analysis, identify testing/inspection requirements, complete design reviews, and approve prototypes
- Develop expertise in test lab equipment, as well as Schaeffler manufacturing processes
- Promote Schaeffler Engineering during visits to customers and exhibitions
- Manage projects and drive completion using project management methods
- Perform general bearing design and application practices
- Become familiar with Schaeffler’s manufacturing processes and the general cost impact of the various processes
- Interface directly with customers - phone, fax, engineering calls and through on site customer visits
- Maintain project files in accordance with department standards
- Develop specific, technical knowledge in Anti-Friction Bearing Design and knowledge of applications in assigned business industry
- Keep up to date with education of cutting edge technology through multiple sources including through current and new customer contacts, industry experts, and professional journals
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- 3 years engineering experience as well as experience utilizing standard project management techniques
- Ability to read mechanical drawings with intermediate CAD skills and Pro-E systems experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self manage project assignments and establish routine, detailed work assignments
- Self directed team player with an ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and prioritze assignments
Job ID: 10339
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.