To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buford, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Warehouse Associate ***$500 Sign on Bonus***
Global Industrial (a Systemax Company) • Buford, GA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We're hiring! We need responsible and experienced warehouse assembly people to safely perform assigned warehouse functions using our established processes, procedures, and tools. We need you to work in accordance with safety and quality standards, as we as defined productivity and performance expectations.
Please have experience using various hand tools, as well as functions including, but not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
Global Industrial is an industry leader and follows all OSHA guidelines.
Location: Buford, GA -- Monday through Friday Several Shifts Open - **$500 Sign-on bonus**
Benefits include: paid time off, 401k, Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance What We Care About
We care about you and your safety.
We care about a strong work life balance.
We care that you truly enjoy your work.
We care about what you think.
What we want you to care about
Personal and workplace safety.
Customer service making sure that the right product gets to the customer.
Pride in your work.
What you need to know
Warehouse fluctuates in temperature
You'll need to receive products using frequency scanners and unload shipments from trucks
You need comfortable and safety approved footwear.
You don't have to look good in safety yellow or orange but it' a plus.
You'll need to be able to handle/lift everything from small parcels to large, heavy packages.
You'll be moving around a lot - on carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise
- 401(k) with company match
- Holiday and overtime pay
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts on products
- Tuition reimbursement
Uses an RF scanner to determine the proper products to be moved, gathered, or distributed for completing customer orders.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets, shelves or conveyor belts based on the necessary route for either the packing station or shipping department.
- Operates a riding powered pallet jack and/or forklift to move products efficiently in a productive environment.
- Receives processed orders, verifies accuracy of order and scans order into computer system.
- Banding product securely to respective pallet using company standards to ensure our customers satisfaction.
- Utilizes machinery to shrink wrap products on pallets.
- Operates forklift and pallet jack to stage or load products as necessary.
- Loads orders safely and efficiently.
- Receives merchandise into the warehouse daily upon delivery.
- Unloads trucks and verifies inventory.
- Record and report discrepancies and/or damages as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have previous experience operating a gas forklift and electric pallet jack.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a Warehouse environment required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating an electric pallet jack required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience utilizing an RF Scanner required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis required.
- Able to stand, walk, pull and bending 100% of the day on a continuous basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have organizational and multi-tasking skills in fast-paced environment.
- Utilize various types of packing supplies to protect product on pallet for shipping.
- Reading and comprehension skills required.
- Must possess computer exposure.
- Strong initiative and self-motivational skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
Who We Are We've been around for a while, and we believe our continued success is due to the basic principles of recognizing and rewarding superior performance for individuals and teams. We've seen this principle drive innovations and solutions to promote higher levels of productivity and customer service.
Our 70 year history of consistent success provides you with solid employment. We hire employees who are good at what they do and enjoy their work, and we offer a number of benefits and coverage for individuals and families. Our corporate culture strives to maintain strong communication at all levels, professionalism in our work, and respect for our co-workers.
Systemax is the parent company of the Industrial Products Group, which includes GlobalIndustrial.com, GlobalIndustrial.ca/Avenue; C&H Government, Nexel Industries, Industrial Supplies.com and other affiliated companies. Systemax's France operations include Inmac WStore and Misco.
Systemax and its businesses are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals to apply.