To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Vencore • San Diego, CA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Provides advanced technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement of Company technical products, programs. Performs Tier III problem resolution on the telephone with users, walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem and classify level, priority and nature of the problems and systems. Possesses a wide range of in depth skills and knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as networking systems in use at customer sites. Provides expertise for the resolution of technical problems, troubleshoots products and modifies products to customer requirements. Provides expert and second tier technical support for the installation and repair of complex systems and outages. Reviews system and configurations to ensure successful implementation of services into production. Maintains system stability through advanced analytical techniques, timely resolution of incidents, and proactive maintenance to provide the maximum availability and optimal Mean Time To Repair. Partners with developers and engineers to reduce reoccurring incidents. Provides consultative assistance during off hours as needed. Assist in developing continuous process improvement for support tools, troubleshooting techniques. Collaborate and assist R&D in the testing and optimization of product support techniques and tools. Communicate to appropriate internal personnel of issues at a particular account? Determine the effectiveness of known solutions for the reported problem and apply these solutions as required. Determine severity and complexity of a reported issue and if necessary escalate to the appropriate specialist. Determine the troubleshooting workflow and organize support priorities. Determine severity and complexity of a reported issue and escalate to the appropriate specialist. Provides training to customers.
Required: 3-5 years' experience
* Education: BS/BA (Technical field is preferred, not required)
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
* Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel.
* Outstanding verbal communication skills and customer relationship management
* Organized and process oriented.
* Analytical problem solver with a high attention to detail.
* Experience showing ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
* Experience showing flexibility to cope with a changing environment/requirements and short deadlines.
* Experience working as a member of a team of diverse subject matter experts.
* Must have a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
* Installation process experience at Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR), Fleet Readiness Directorate (FRD), SPAWAR System Centers (SSC), Program Executive Office (PEO) Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence (C4I), PEO Enterprise Information System (EIS) or Naval Sea Systems (NAVSEA) / Naval Air Systems (NAVAIR) commands, highly desirable.
* Understanding of the Afloat Installation Process Handbook, SPAWAR Installation Enterprise CONOPS and other stakeholder Installation Instructions, highly desirable.
* Experience with the applications: SPAWAR/PEO Integrated Data Environment Repository (SPIDER), Navy Data Environment (NDE) and Naval Systems Engineering Resource Center (NSERC), highly desirable.
* Familiarity with CVN specific systems, installations and project team processes.
* Understanding of Knowledge Management, Lessons Learned and Carrier Team One Knowledge Sharing Networks (KSNs).
* Understanding of the U.S. Navy Organization(i.e. who SPAWAR customers are and their relationships to SPAWAR, chain of command, Navy protocol, drafting Fleet messages, etc.).
* Experience in Department of the Navy Acquisition Programs, highly desirable.
* DAWIA (or DAWIA equivalency) Level I Certification in Program Management, highly desirable.
Direct support to the FRD 200 Force Level Installation Manager (IM):
* Provides direct analyst support to the Fleet Readiness Directorate (FRD) 200 Force Level Install Manager (IM) for CVNs.
* Communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders to gather required data/information for routine and ad hoc deliverables.
* Consolidate information into designated briefing format for routine and ad hoc deliverables.
* Work as a liaison with various internal and external stakeholders to facilitate meetings/telcons/briefs (includes all briefing materials).
* Drafts and Tracks various Naval messages through the approval process.
* Manage multiple SharePoint based document databases.