SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Achieves guest satisfaction through implementation of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Monitors compliance with company standards and execution of all company policies to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Ensures that all guests are properly greeted, seated, and served.
- Accountable for proper resolution of all guest complaints.
- Ensures proper control of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Trains employees during shift to guarantee proper and productive performance.
- Takes responsibility and verifies that all menu items are prepared and served according to standards.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Responsible for change fund, cash register, and guest check control. Performance will have a direct affect on the unit’s sales and profits through consistent guest satisfaction and cost controls.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED:
- Extensive standing, without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30' wide.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times.
- Bending, reaching, walking.
- Communicating with guests.
- Operating cash register.
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
- At least six months prior experience in guest service capacity.
Training And Development
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: J3H4Q46SKK8VGJY9S47
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
It all started with dessert. The legacy of Marie Callender began in the early 1940s in Orange County, California, when Marie, an accomplished baker, first launched her legendary pie business, delivering freshly baked pies to area restaurants. By 1948 with the help of her husband Cal and son Don, they turned this home-based bakery into a bona fide business complete with a wholesale bakery.
Within a few years, Marie was making over 200 pies daily and had acquired a truck and a mixer. The first pie and coffee shop was opened in 1964 in Orange, California, by Marie's son, Don. Other pie shops soon followed and in 1969, the pie shops began serving a full-service restaurant menu with many recipes created by Marie herself.
Today, Marie Callender's operates 139 restaurants and 1 East Side Mario's restaurant in the United States and Mexico, and has more on the way. And while many things have changed, one thing will always remain the same—the quality and care that goes into making each and every one of our legendary pies. And for that, we can all be thankful.