To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager Component Engineering
American Axle & Manufacturing • Detroit, MI
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, were looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Leads a team responsible forengineering design and release of sub-systems and/or components. Responsible for technical integrity of thesubsystem or components, adherence to the internal design standards and engineering project/system requirements, as well as timely completion of deliverables, within engineering project budget (concept through launch) as directed by Principal Systems Engineer(s).
Develops and maintains technology and product roadmaps as well as internal engineering standards for specific sub-system or component. Leads technology and product direction through roadmaps for subsystem and/or component(s). Supports the creation of engineering project plans and execution of activities based on defined priorities, anticipating cross-functional and cross-team collaboration opportunities. Accountable for team members’ timely and accurate accomplishment of goals.
- Creates and maintains technology and product roadmaps for subsystem and/or component(s), consistent with AAM system level technology and product plans.
- Maintains the “design standards” for the subsystem and/or component and ensures team adherence to these AAM standards.
- Leads the team responsible for sub-system or components within the product system from concept design through full manufacturing launch in accordance with PE-PDP and program launch gate deliverables as defined by Principal Systems Engineer.
- Works with cross-functional and cross-region resources in the execution of development of new sub-system or components based on requirements and supports the integration of those new components into the organization's portfolio of products.
- Continually identify and capitalize on efficiencies throughout the design process across multiple areas of engineering.
- Utilize cost engineering to fully understand cost implications of part design and overall pricing to deliver product systems within agreed costed bill of materials (BOM).
- Will assist the Principal Systems Engineer, working with systems engineering and services to release designs on time.
- Supports peer reviews and monthly engineering project status reviews throughout process, with focus on design standards and project expectations.
- Supports creation of engineering project plans, negotiated with internal engineering service functions, to meet engineering project milestones and deliverables.
- Utilizes computer aided engineering (CAE) methodologies and results to drive the design of sub-systems and components.
- Actively share learning and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BS in engineering plus minimum 10 years professional experience; Advanced Degree preferred
- 10 years of product development and program launch experience.
- 5 - 7 years driveline or transmission experience
- Managing a team in a full cycle product launch from concept to start of production within engineering product development processes.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law.