Certified Home Health Aide
The Home Health Aide (HHA) is a paraprofessional member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse or therapist and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the patient’s needs. The home health aide is responsible for observing patients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The home health aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient’s care, and only after successful completion of a competency evaluation program. HHA is also a part of the interdisciplinary team.
Responsibilities of the home health aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing personal care including:
- Back rubs
- Oral hygiene
- Changing bed linen
- Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
- Nail & Skin care to prevent breakdown
- Assisting the patient with toileting activities
- Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
- Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
- Must have successfully completed a training and competency evaluation program that is approved by the respective state as meeting all requirements and listed in good standing in the state nurse registry. (Note: Home health aide or nurse aide will not be considered completed in a program if there has been a continuous 24 months or greater period-of-time where the described aide services have not been provided. For lapses of this time-period or greater, the individual must complete another training and competency program prior to delivering any services.)
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with Organization requirements and is in good working order.
At Islands Home Health, we believe in making sure that we have the right team in place. Our team is skilled and passionate about providing care that exceeds expectations. We have created a culture of teamwork and support for our staff that is unlike any in the industry. This allows our talented team to focus on what they do best.
Will you live CAPLICO?
Customer Second (Employee First)
Passion For Learning
Love One Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
We would love to meet you and hear your commitment to live CAPLICO with us.
In addition to hiring a certified home health aide who exhibits the above qualities that help us create a world class culture, we offer competitive wages, mentorship and training for new graduates, tuition reimbursement for our employees, and dependent care and public transportation FSAs. Also, we offer cell phone and movie ticket discounts, 401(k) with matching contributions, career advancement opportunities, and medical, dental, and health insurance.
Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at URL blocked - click to apply
Islands Home Health
2601 M Ave, Ste B
Anacortes, WA. 98221
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
URL blocked - click to apply