To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waterford Township, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Flagstar Bank • Waterford Township, MI
Posted 4 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position TitleFloat Teller
LocationHighland Rd (Waterford, MI)
Job SummaryResponsible for interacting with customers and providing exceptional service by greeting them as they enter one of our branches, and by processing financial transactions in an accurate, efficient, and friendly manner while maintaining operational standards. This position requires professional conversations with customers to identify their needs for additional services and by introducing them to a banker.
- Greet customers and ask questions to determine their needs.
- Welcome and establish relationships by getting to know every customer in order to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Process financial transactions (cash and non-cash bank transactions, balance inquiries, cashier's checks, money orders, cash advances with credit cards, etc.) in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with operational and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist with customer questions and/or issues relating to their accounts.
- Meet and exceed Teller referral expectations by acquiring and maintaining knowledge of bank products and financial services.
- Educate customers on bank products and financial services and make referrals to a banker when a potential opportunity has been identified. This may include participation in 'Call Nights'.
- Maintain operational standards including balancing cash drawers at the end of each shift, processing CTR reports and transactions, and opening and closing procedures of the branch. May also include ATM and vault balancing.
- Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and bank operating systems.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 6+ months cash handling experience.
- 6+ months customer service experience.
- 6+ months successful sales experience where defined referral goals and accountabilities were routinely met or exceeded preferred
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor
- Ability and willingness to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings
- The job requires a moderate degree of physical exertion and stamina such as standing, sitting, walking, driving or infrequent lifting.
Internal Only: Band L Hourly
Job ID: 02108
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Average Salaries for
This estimated salary is an approximation based on compensation data points gathered from similar job postings or existing salaries for the same or similar job title within the same market. Average salary insights are based on aggregate data and are not specific to any individual job posting.
Waterford Township, MI