SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Achieves guest satisfaction through implementation of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Monitors compliance with company standards and execution of all company policies to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Ensures that all guests are properly greeted, seated, and served.
- Accountable for proper resolution of all guest complaints.
- Ensures proper control of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Trains employees during shift to guarantee proper and productive performance.
- Takes responsibility and verifies that all menu items are prepared and served according to standards.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Responsible for change fund, cash register, and guest check control. Performance will have a direct affect on the unit’s sales and profits through consistent guest satisfaction and cost controls.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED:
- Extensive standing, without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30' wide.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times.
- Bending, reaching, walking.
- Communicating with guests.
- Operating cash register.
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
- At least six months prior experience in guest service capacity.
Training And Development
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: J3H36K6GCLY4BCTLNNB
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Perkins and Marie Callender’s History
View the full profile
Perkins & Marie Callender’s Inc. operates two restaurant concepts. Perkins Restaurant and Bakery is a full-service family dining restaurant that serves a wide variety of high quality, moderately-priced, breakfast, lunch and dinner entrees. Marie Callender’s Restaurant and Bakery is a mid-priced, casual-dining restaurant that specializes in the sale of pies and other bakery items. The company also has a bakery goods manufacturing division, Foxtail Foods, which manufactures pies, pancake mix, cookie doughs, and muffin batters for in-store bakeries and third party customers.
Founded in 1958, Perkins is the leading operator and franchisor of nearly 500 full-service family dining restaurants located primarily in the Midwest, Florida and Pennsylvania.
Fifty years after its beginning as a single pancake house in Ohio, Perkins continues to offer guests personalized service and high quality food at a great value.
• The Perkins system includes 163 company-owned and operated restaurants and 320 franchised units. More than 50% of Perkins Restaurants are located in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida and Wisconsin.
• The Company and its franchisees employ approximately 25,000, encompassing both full and part time positions.
• Core menu items at Perkins include its famous pancakes, unique premium omelettes, juicy USDA choice steaks, salads, and signature melt sandwiches. Perkins menu development and innovation ensures that all product offerings recognize and address consumers changing tastes and preferences.
• Perkins in-store bakeries provide a unique point of difference for the restaurant chain, serving a mouth-watering selection of premium freshly baked Mammoth Muffins, cookies, cakes, pies, cheesecakes and specialty pastries each and every day.
Founded in 1948, Marie Callender's, which dominates California and the southwest, operates 92 company and 42 franchised restaurants.
Marie Callender’s was established when Marie’s great cooking and passion for making delicious pies inspired her to bake pies for local restaurants. Marie and her family sold their car for $700 and used the money to pay for one month’s rent on a reconverted World War II army Quonset hut and down payment on a small oven, refrigerator, rolling pin and kitchen tools. Marie’s pies quickly became a hit and she went from baking 10 pies to 40 pies a day.
Marie and her family opened their first restaurant on Orange, Calif. At first, only Marie’s pies were served, but eventually her classic and traditional food entrées were discovered.
As of 2008, with over 135 restaurants in 10 states, we’re proud to celebrate 60 years of tradition inspired by Marie.
The combination of the Perkins Restaurant & Bakery chain with Marie Callender's occurred in May 2006.