To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
508 Document Remediation Specialist - Virtual
Pearl Interactive Network • Columbus, OH
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The 508 Document Remediation Specialist is responsible for creating and editing documents to insure accessibility to people with disabilities in compliance with Section 508 requirements and company standards. The 508 Document Remediation Specialist will convert and format documents to be readable by assistive technology devices.
Job Duties: 508 Document Remediation Specialist
- Converts Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, InDesign and HTML documents to current versions and then into PDF format.
- Applies appropriate tags to documents for accessibility.
- Reviews tagged accessible documents for conformity and compliance.
Hours: Flexible. Part-Time, Project Based.
Location: Virtual, Anywhere in the United States, Home-based.
Job Requirements: 508 Document Remediation Specialist
- Associates degree or higher in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Pro products.
- Intermediate HTML 5 experience.
- Intermediate skills with Adobe InDesign and CS5 or better a plus.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook 2013 or better.
- Excellent written communication skills including English grammar and punctuation.
- Self-motivating and an ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and good organization.
Virtual Office Requirements: 508 Document Remediation Specialist
- PC or Laptop (Sorry no MACS).
- Windows 7 Professional or better.
- MS Office 2013 or better.
- High speed internet connection (no satellite or wireless).
- Anti-virus and network security software.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Pearl management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Background Investigation, Drug Screening and Skills Assessment Required.
Skills/Qualifications/Keywords: Action Oriented/Tenacity, Dealing with Ambiguity, Compassion, Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Functional and Technical Skills, Informing, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Priority Setting, Problem Solving
Pearl Interactive Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status, genetics, or sexual orientation and gender identity.