To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Jr. Water Engineer
Arcadis • Fair Lawn, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.About This Business Line
The Water Business Line of Arcadis is currently searching for a Water Engineer, to join our world-class firm in Fair Lawn, NJ.
This entry-level, full-time position requires attention to detail, exceptional organization skills, strong work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible, with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly. The successful candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment and will demonstrate an eagerness to build and grow our practice. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join our team locally and grow his/her career with support from one of the best qualified consulting firms in the country!
Responsibilities will include a combination of field and office related tasks and may include some travel and fieldwork. The primary focus for this Engineer will be planning, design and construction administration for many project opportunities including water, wastewater, and stormwater.
Position includes, but is not limited to:
- Facilities planning, project design, permitting and construction administration activities as well as developing design reports and construction documents.
- Projects can involve facilities planning and design for treatment plants, pumping systems, pipelines, and green infrastructure.
- Working on water/wastewater/stormwater treatment and conveyance including planning, process evaluations, detailed design, and construction administration.
- Fieldwork to include, for example: conducting site visits, sampling, analyzing data for water quality, technology evaluations, and plant operations information, process troubleshooting, and optimization, as well as condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities.
- Client facing tasks including preparation of and conducting effective presentations, participation in client meetings and field interaction with clients and subcontractors.
- Working on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
- Exercise judgment on details of work and make preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards and facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field of study.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform theoretical investigations as well as practical work in the field.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of project teams.
- Ability to balance multiple assignment and activities to meet project deadlines.
- Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field of study.
- Prior internship experience in Consulting Engineering firm or Municipal work environment.
- EIT certification.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.