To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Costa Mesa, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dragados • Costa Mesa, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Bid Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Estimating
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Dragados is an international contractor established in 1941 that specializes in major infrastructure projects. They are part of the construction arm of ACS Group, one of the leading infrastructure developers in more than 40 countries. Dragados USA targets large design build bridges, highways, tunnels, rail, transit, and dams of significant size or technical intricacy. This person will be responsible for bidding new work for Dragados USA in the Western US heavy civil infrastructure market. They will be part of a leadership team in the preparation of statements of qualification, proposals, and presentations. They will oversee estimation, preconstruction and business development staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications for large projects.
- Work closely with business development to pursue potential client/project opportunities. Review and assess market data with business development to accurately prepare bids for proposals.
- Collaborate with management and legal teams to review local and federal regulations to ensure all are covered for proposals.
- Lead the development and production of qualifications, request for proposals, and presentation efforts. Organize the strategic plan for pursuit of identified projects
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks. Prepare bids for upcoming work
- Understand project logistics and project schedule. Determine labor and equipment costs. Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing. Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids. Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Cultivate a strong team while under the pressure of deadlines. Coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Pursue, builds and maintains strong relationships in the industry. Actively participates in target client industry trade associations and strategic community and industry activities for lead generation and visibility of the company
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business Management, Marketing, Engineering or Construction Management or related field.
- 10-15 years of experience in project management within a heavy civil construction firm
- Business development, estimating, and project management skills with in depth experience and knowledge of construction practices including extensive knowledge of area cost for labor, materials, equipment, and engineering principals to accurately prepare bids.
- Experience working on large heavy civil projects exceeding 100 million dollars contract value.
- Planning and Scheduling – Ability to prepare schedule from scratch. Understands resources, requirements, time constraints and cost, logically sequence work and estimate time to completion, populates schedule with resource and cost, sets goals, adjusts for unexpected events or conditions.
- Management - Manages multiple priorities and teams to accomplish project milestones and company goals. Tracks project scope, schedule, and budgets, and resolves critical issues
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software (such as HCSS). Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Demonstrated clear logical written, verbal, and communication and presentation skills. Excellent Interpersonal skills to cooperate and work as a team
- Travel is required as needed
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER