To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norwalk, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
School Based Physical Therapist - Norwalk, CT
Constellation Health Services • Norwalk, CT
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The School-Based Physical Therapist is responsible for assessment and treatment of referred clients in school based setting. Physical Therapists may receive referrals from the schools. Other duties may include direct consultation services, supervision of support staff and clinically related administrative tasks. The School-Based Physical Therapist supports the philosophy, goals and culture of Constellation Health Services.
Constellation Health Services is dedicated to delivering the best possible health care services to people at all points of life. We are governed by the most rigorous standards of professional ethics and committed to maintaining a fulfilling and balanced work experience for all employees.
Constellation Health Services is a stable, growing, dynamic organization, with:
- A commitment to professional growth and development
- Comprehensive orientation and mentorship
- A culture of customer service
- A supportive, committed senior management team.
- Gather information needed to evaluate a child by reviewing records and communicating with the school team.
- Administer appropriate assessment instruments and procedures, taking into consideration a student' age, developmental level handicapping condition, and educational placement.
- Administer screening of a child to determine appropriate PT needs
- Interpret assessment results to develop or modify physical therapy intervention plans.
- Plan and implements intervention strategies using direct therapy, monitoring and consultation.
- Participate in the IEP process, engages in consensual decision making with school team.
- Communicate effectively (orally and in writing) with education personnel, administrators, parents and community members.
- Provide accurate documentation of the assessment and intervention results.
- Facilitate transition among agencies, programs, and professionals as service provision changes (early intervention to pre-school, pre-school to school etc.)
- May supervise Level I/ Level II field work students.
- May mentor newer PT
- May supervise PTA
- Identify emergency situations and determines appropriate action to ensure child safety.
- A graduate of an accredited college or university with a Masters or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Connecticut State Licensed Physical Therapist.
- Competitive salary
- A rich benefits package, including: medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid time off
- Professional liability coverage
- Flexibility of work schedules to ensure life/work balance
- Company-sponsored in-service and training
- Continuing education