SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provides efficient service and food preparation according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Makes and prepares all food items that are baked in oven including but not limited to pies, muffins, cookies, quiche, meatloaf and ribs.
- Adjusts controls to regulate temperature of ovens.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Measures ingredients for bakery goods using measuring cups and spoons and mixes by hand or with electric mixer. Cuts dough into uniform portions with knife or divider. Molds dough into loaves or desired shapes. Places shaped dough onto greased sheets or in floured pans.
- Prepares meats or baked foods according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing for stage of doneness.
- Serves high quality food and ensures items are complete, prepared as required and attractive in appearance.
- During peak business will be required to work on steam kettles and the grill line.
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen stations and work areas.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy stress/pressure during peak times.
- Must possess high level of coordination.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must lift and carry up to 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet.
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors.
- Requires continual standing and walking.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Receives direction and training from the Manager on Duty as to specific procedures and assignments.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training.
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: J3H1NQ72DQQFH1Z3WZW
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
It all started with dessert. The legacy of Marie Callender began in the early 1940s in Orange County, California, when Marie, an accomplished baker, first launched her legendary pie business, delivering freshly baked pies to area restaurants. By 1948 with the help of her husband Cal and son Don, they turned this home-based bakery into a bona fide business complete with a wholesale bakery.
Within a few years, Marie was making over 200 pies daily and had acquired a truck and a mixer. The first pie and coffee shop was opened in 1964 in Orange, California, by Marie's son, Don. Other pie shops soon followed and in 1969, the pie shops began serving a full-service restaurant menu with many recipes created by Marie herself.
Today, Marie Callender's operates 139 restaurants and 1 East Side Mario's restaurant in the United States and Mexico, and has more on the way. And while many things have changed, one thing will always remain the same—the quality and care that goes into making each and every one of our legendary pies. And for that, we can all be thankful.