To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Licensed School Based Therapist
Mental Health Center of Denver • Denver, CO
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a full time licensed clinician position working with elementary aged students in a school based health clinic. The qualified applicant will have mental health therapy provision experience with children ages 5 to 18 plus.
Spanish language hourly differential: $2.50/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, crisis interventions, and individual, group, and/or family therapy to assigned clients.
- Provide case management services to clients as needed or assigned. Develop treatment plans; monitor treatment progress and follow-up at disposition times.
- Assist clients with psychological development, social development, and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate client’s use of other MHCD programs and outside community resources. Coordinate medication/medicinal needs of clients with psychiatrists, nurses, and other medical sources.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards.
- Participate in team/department meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Perform 27-10 (M-1) “mental health hold” evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in social work, psychology, or similar field. Current license as a LCSW/LPC/LMFT in the State of Colorado.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of four years’ experience in clinical social work. Experience working with moderate to severe and persistently mentally ill populations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible and on-call hours which may be required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with program supervision of students/volunteers as determined appropriate.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.