To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Harrison, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Atlas Copco • Harrison, TN
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Imagine your future with Atlas Copco!
Atlas Copco is a world leading provider of industrial productivity solutions. Our products and services range from compressed air and gas equipment, generators, construction and mining equipment, and industrial tools and assembly systems to related aftermarket and rental. In close cooperation with customers and business partners and with more than 140 years of experience, Atlas Copco innovates for superior productivity. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, we presently have 40,000 employees located in 180 countries around the globe.
We are seeking a Service Technician to join our team in Chattanooga, TN.
Service Maintenance and Repair: The Service Technician will perform routine, preventative maintenance and repairs on oil-injected and oil-free air compressors. Preventative maintenance should be conducted in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations (with regards to schedule and scope). A main responsibility of this role is to troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment. Prior to and following preventative maintenance and repairs, you are responsible to test and document the proper operating parameters of the compressor.
Since safety is Atlas Copco’s #1 priority, all Technicians are required to promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times.
The ideal candidate should display the ability to absorb a higher level of learning, through continuous on the job and classroom training which includes VSD’s, refrigeration, industrial networks, remote monitoring, and air audits.
Customer Service: The Service Technician serves as a brand ambassador for the company, promoting Atlas Copco and its high standards of providing exceptional service. They provide a high level of customer service, responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations within a timely manner. The Service Technician can guarantee returned business by developing rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- High School diploma or equivalent required with technical training in electrical, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics preferred.
- Minimal of 2 years of strong mechanical and electrical experience with demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of industrial equipment, including electrical, hydraulics and/or pneumatics.
- Experience in HVAC is a plus, compressor experience strongly desired.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Able to work independently with strong self-management and professionalism.
- Able to complete work within assigned deadlines.
- Computer proficiency as required for communication, research, work orders and programming various controllers.
- Available for a rotating schedule of on-call work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and work in industrial environments including extremes in temperature with continuous walking, reaching, bending, and kneeling.
- Overnight travel is required.
So are you ready for a world-class challenge? Then join Atlas Copco, the world's leading provider of industrial compressed air equipment, parts, and service.
Atlas Copco Compressors LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protective veteran status or any other category protected by state or local laws.