To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Costa Mesa, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Systems Architecture - Electrical Systems
Karma Automotive • Costa Mesa, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It’s in your Karma – We will deliver a unique combination of advanced-technology with timeless design. Karma’s vision is to inspire. To offer timeless design with technology that creates an ecologically sensitive product; so distinct that it forms an emotional connection between buyer and brand. Be part of a team where your efforts and creativity are rewarded and recognizedResponsibilities
Automotive applications on electrical & electronic (EE) systems architecture for EE components and vehicle systems related to EV/HEV/PHEV. Ensure the vehicle meets customers’ expectation and regulatory requirements. Provide technical direction over other engineers and suppliers for vehicle electrical systems design and architectures.
- Manage the Electrical Architecture team for EE architecture activities and provide technical directions to the team and over other engineers and suppliers for vehicle electrical systems design and architectures.
- Actively involved in the design vehicle electrical architecture based on customer expectation, market trend and regulatory requirements. Review and update vehicle electrical system design requirements documentation.
- Coordinate all engineer teams and suppliers to implement the vehicle architectures in electrical, powertrain, and vehicle applications.
- Develop and update vehicle subsystems technical specifications.
- Provide the recommendation to management for the opportunities on improvement.
- Study and research on new technologies and involve in early phase of vehicle design and development.
- Evaluates and recommends options consistent with industry best practices.
- Bachelor's degree (MS or higher degree is prefer) in Electrical Engineering, or a related field of study
- Have at least five (5) years’ experience for vehicle electrical architecture and system design.
- Must display ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, and negotiate and execute contingency plans.
- Demonstrate strong leadership / teamwork skills and solve issues by developing consensus and win-win situations.
- Knowledge in microprocessor, automotive ECU, electrical / electronic hardware, embedded software.
- Knowledge in automotive vehicle mechanical and electrical system architectures including vehicle BUS communication.
- Expert knowledge of systems engineering principles, hardware and software design concepts
- Demonstrate hands on experience with vehicle system architectures and control systems.
- Expert knowledge of testing and validation tools
- Experience with lab test equipment including oscilloscope, receivers, spectrum analyzers, generators, amplifiers and antennas
- Technical knowledge of product qualification testing
- Familiar with ISO 26262 and other vehicle regulatory requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Visio.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. Karma Automotive LLC, complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties