To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Belleville, MI 48111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Team Lead, Shipping/Receiving
Follett • Belleville, MI
Posted 11 days ago
Education - Teaching - Administration
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position oversees the shipping and receiving department, responsible for the proper handling of materials, adherence to safety procedures and providing accurate, timely shipments, direct activities to meet the financial and marketing objectives of the company Act as leader on duty responding to customer and associate concerns in absence of store manager, as well as opening and closing the store and ensuring all bookstore property and personnel are secure.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervises the work activities of sales associates FT/PT and Temporary including:
- Trains new associates FT/PT and seasonal associates hired for peak seasons.
- Ensures Sales Associates follow company and store policies, procedures and standards.
- Oversees the maintenance of systems data, forms, files and reports in accordance with Store policies and procedures.
- Ensure the shipping/receiving area has adequate supplies and materials and area is neat, clean and organized.
- Establish and maintain relationships with publishers in order to ascertain the status of an order or damaged books and/or return to vendors.
- Verifies items scan at the correct price, and moves items to the appropriate store location.
- Verifies incoming shipments against purchase orders, invoices or packing slips to ensure all items are received, not damaged and enters them into store systems in compliance with company policies, procedures and standards.
- Records receipt of shipments and complete shipping logs.
- Unpacks boxes, verifies items match the purchase order, and enters received goods into store system.
- Weighs incoming/outgoing cartons and may unload or load trucks or pallets.
- Packs and affixes shipping labels with proper postage on packed cartons.
- May prepare inter store transfer forms.
- Unloads boxes and prepares product to stock on book shelves and/or displays.
- Directs customers to the area of the store their item is in, and answers routine inquiries.
- Leads efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through Asset Protection education, awareness and compliance.
- Acts as key carrier with store opening and closing responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1 - 3 years shipping/receiving experience required.
- Ability to lift 35lbs periodically for up to two or more hours at any given time.
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment as necessary.
- Basic computer skills which include the ability to create and save text documents and to create and send emails.
- Previous experience in a warehouse, retail or shipping/receiving environment (preferred).
- Detail-orientation in performing accurate transactions.
- Self-motivated and multi-tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proactively meets both internal and external customer needs.
- Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments.
- Uses sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills - clear, concise and positive.
Job ID: 5000255726506
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.