To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carrollton, TX
- TMX Finance
- Phone: 9126291513
- Phone:: 912-629-5195
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager of Internal Audit
TMX Finance Family of Companies • Carrollton, TX
Posted 13 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As Manager of Internal Audit, you would be part of a vital and collaborative team that works daily to successfully manage the financial aspects of our business. Your analytical mindset, coupled with your attention to detail and ability to build effective working relationships, will be your key to ensuring policies and procedures within the Company are effective and current, that they mitigate any potential or existing risks, and that senior management is educated on the status of financial reporting and audit results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits to determine adherence to Company policies and procedures, and to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls in mitigating risks.
Work closely with the Chief Accounting Officer to implement an Annual Risk Assessment and Continuous Risk Coordination.
Prepare draft audit reports on internal control deficiencies and include recommendations for improvements to fill gaps, including in systems of internal control.
Maintain up-to-date records of audit plans, findings, work papers, reports, and other supporting documentation for audits performed.
Evaluate audit test results by accurately identifying symptoms, root causes and problems, and identifying alternative controls or develop recommendations.
Manage external financial reporting, maintaining responsibility for all SEC and external reporting of the financial statements and relevant disclosures, ensuring knowledge of SEC and GAAP requirements remains current.
Prepare status reports and provide analysis to senior staff, assisting in the coordination and communication with external auditors.
Provide education and training to senior management on important accounting issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6-9+ years of experience including SEC reporting/public accounting experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles
- Knowledge of SEC reporting requirements
- Auditing knowledge, including financial, operational, and compliance audits
- Understanding of internal controls and processes such as Entity Level, Expenditures, Financial Reporting, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Revenue, Segregation of Duties, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to educate others, including management, on internal control issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with effective organizational skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, to include Outlook, PowerPoint, and particularly Excel
- Experience in a SOX environment
- Experience in a multi-unit retail environment
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
The Manager of Internal Audit is a member of the Accounting Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. This team handles all the day-to-day financial reporting and accounting activities for the organization, as well as maintain the appropriate internal controls. To learn more, visit us at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/finance.
To find out what's going on in our Company, visit our blog at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.