To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tysons, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Data Analyst III
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Tysons, VA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Data Analyst III
PenFed is hiring a Data Analyst III in McLean, VA. The primary role is to leverage analytical and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle lending risk related problems. This role also supports forecasting, development, implementation, documentation, and reporting of key risk metrics used for lines of business, legal entities, and geographic differences for management, and regulatory reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop understanding of PenFed Business, Lending Services in particular.
- Use Digital technologies to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data sources and platforms
- Design, develop, implement and test business intelligence solutions using Tableau, SQL, SAS and Business Objects including data structures, universes and reports to create new reports or converting already existing reports to Tableau/Business Objects.
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Partner with various teams within Lending Services to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
- Drive an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Work collaboratively with appropriate Technical teams to manage security mechanisms and data access governance
- Build and execute tools to monitor and report on data quality
- Identify required data and work with data stewards to receive data on a timely basis.
- Be a thought leader and proactively review existing reporting and provide recommendations for adding forward looking enhancements to reports.
- Support production of scheduled and ad-hoc regulatory and management reporting.
- Enhance reporting, improve internal efficiencies, and meet changing management and regulatory requirements.
- Solve complex problems by taking a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explain complex, difficult and/or sensitive information; work to build consensus
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Master’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline is preferred; Bachelor’s is required.
- Extensive(Five years or more) experience in data operations and reporting desired.
- Must have strong programming and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency with various data analysis and reporting tools, such as SQL, SAS, PowerPoint, Excel and Visual Basic skills required. Expertise with ETL tools a plus.
- Knowledge of BI tools, such as Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Reports, etc. required.
- Strong analytical and time management skills.
- Act as a resource for other team members; may lead projects.
- Has knowledge of best practices and general knowledge of related areas.
- Working knowledge of lending/underwriting/credit risk and related regulatory statutes preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently and implement rapid changes in project direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- This position will mentor junior employees and work with vendor resources
Licenses and Certifications
- SAS/ SQL/ Business Objects certifications a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.