To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lexington, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Morning Pointe Senior Living • Lexington, KY
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is under the supervision and guidance of the Resident Services Director (RSD) and the Executive Director of the Community. The LPN will assist the Resident Services Director and the Executive Director of the Community in the day-to-day operation of the residence support services and supervises the health care given within the residence.
The LPN must not leave the Community during their shift. In the case of a personal emergency, the Resident Services Director and the Executive Director of the Community must be notified. The LPN will not leave the premises until properly relieved.
The LPN may be assigned other duties by the Resident Services Director and the Executive Director of the Community. These duties may not be listed but are considered appropriate by the Resident Services Director and the Executive Director of the Community.
- Graduate of a state accredited Nursing school or course. Licensed as an LPN in the state in which services are performed. Must have a current CPR Certification.
- Prefer experience with the elderly in a nursing home, assisted living or residential setting.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and follow both written and oral instructions.
- Must adhere to and comply with all verbal and written policies and instructions set forth by the Morning Pointe Community.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Store and manage resident medications (including narcotics) in compliance with State and Federal regulations and in accordance with Morning Pointe’s medication policies.
- Dispose of medications in compliance with State and Federal regulations and in accordance with Morning Pointe’s Medication Disposal policy.
- Assist residents with taking medications in compliance with State and Federal regulations, and in accordance with resident physician’s orders and Morning Pointe’s medication policies.
- Manage the health care of all residents including providing information to the families and staff in the absence of the Resident Services Director and the Executive Director of the Community.
- Perform ongoing assessments of resident’s physical and psychosocial needs and advises the Resident Services Director and the Executive Director of the Community of changes in status.
- Observes and records significant condition changes and reactions. Notifies the Resident Services Coordinator and the Executive Director of the Community of these changes or reactions, especially to drug treatments and significant other incidents.
- When appropriate, explain procedures and treatments for the resident to gain cooperation and understanding thereby relieving possible apprehension.
- Respond to life saving situations based on current standards, policy, procedures and protocol.
- Follow and adhere to The Nursing Practices Act as set forth by the State in which licensed to provide services.