To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbridge, VA 22191
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
General Maintenance I
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Woodbridge, VA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
General Maintenance Worker I
PenFed is hiring a General Maintenance Worker I in Woodbridge, VA . The primary purpose of this job is to assist in a wide variety of maintenance activities, address immediate operational and/or safety concerns, assist skilled trades, and ensure that PenFed buildings and maintenance equipment is always in excellent condition and available for end users. These responsibilities include but are not limited to general maintenance, repairs, placement and movement of furniture and office equipment as required.
- Perform maintenance at local branches and main office on an as needed basis.
- Assist the Facilities Engineer with preventative maintenance programs, including HVAC system, and minor electrical, plumbing and electrical system repairs
- Responsible for moving and storing equipment.
- Responsible for cleaning facilities, including, but, not limited to mechanical rooms and telephone closets, including painting if needed.
- Notify supervisor of any needed repairs, and makes minor maintenance repairs.
- Order and maintain supplies and equipment as needed.
- Coordinate and provide support during emergencies.
- Provide daily progress reports of current projects.
- Meet with fire department and powers down building as necessary.
- Escort site vendors as required.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) months’ of relevant experience is required.
- This position will not supervisor employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Frequent travel to various worksites nationally and internationally is required as needed.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.