To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Savannah, GA
- TMX Finance
- Phone:: 912-629-5195
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
TMX Finance Family of Companies • Savannah, GA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TMX Finance is one of the largest and fastest growing consumer specialty finance companies in the United States. With a family of brands that includes: TitleMax, TitleBucks, InstaLoan, EquityAuto Loan, TMX Credit, and AutoCash, TMX Finance is comprised of a diversified product offering. Headquartered in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, TMX Finance has over 1,200 stores spanning 14 states and has aggressive growth plans to double in size in the next three years. The rapid growth of the company has created a wealth of career opportunities at our corporate offices. If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning potential and tremendous advancement opportunities, you've come to the right place.
TMX Finance is currently seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join the Legal department at our corporate office in Savannah, Georgia. The Corporate Paralegal will provide high-level paralegal support to the Litigation Counsel, Senior Paralegal, and Legal Department involving many areas including compliance, litigation, corporate matters, contracts, real estate/leasing, labor/employment law and consumer bankruptcy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides litigation support to the Litigation Counsel and/or Senior Paralegal including collecting, organizing, and producing documents in response to all types of discovery requests including third party subpoenas, drafting written responses to discovery requests, managing litigation calendars and maintain litigation files
- As directed by the Litigation Counsel and/or Senior Paralegal drafts, negotiates and manages contractual matters, conveys routine information regarding legal and or contractual issues associated with existing or proposed operational situations
- Assists Litigation Counsel with regulatory and compliance issues
- Draft responses to customer correspondence from the state and other regulatory authorities
- Conduct research on specific legal issues or topics
- Assist with any questions/legal support needed in the field of 1000+ store locations
- Analyzes and reviews real estate leases and other pertinent documents
- Supports/monitors Human Resources matters by investigating, managing and assisting in the resolution of labor and employment related issues with all levels of professionals, including outside counsel
- Monitoring bankruptcy matters with the Bankruptcy Paralegal
- Provides case management support, including monitoring and following up on case calendars, filing deadlines, and paper and electronic docket research.
- Prepares and conducts and or assists with training classes and workshops on various legal and or related topics as requested
- Communicates effectively with corporate department heads, customers, witnesses and opposing counsel
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional afflictions to keep abreast of latest developments inapplicable law in other related areas
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Litigation Counsel and/or Senior Paralegal
- Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies, paralegal certificate OR the equivalent combination of formal education, training and or experience
- Previous corporate law department experience and/or large law firm experience is required
- Minimum of 0- 3 years of paralegal experience
- Litigation experience is required
- Consumer Finance regulatory experience is a plus
- Consumer bankruptcy experience is a plus
- Professionally collaborate with all levels of management and C-level executives
- Demonstrate professionalism and skill working in a team environment and coordinating workloads
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet aggressive and time-sensitive deadlines
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed
TMX Finance is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, please be advised that only those candidates that we are interested in pursuing for an interview will be contacted.