To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10104
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr Commercial Appraisal Support Analyst
Flagstar Bank • New York, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position TitleSr Commercial Appraisal Support Analyst
Job SummaryThe Senior Commercial Appraisal Support Analyst (Sr. Analyst) position is responsible for providing customer support and services to all commercial lending and servicing departments within FSB that require the services of the Commercial Appraisal Risk Management Department (CARM). Commercial lending & servicing groups include, but are not limited to; Commercial Real Estate Lending, Homebuilder Finance Group, Business Banking Group, Commercial & Industrial Lending, Commercial Operations, Commercial Credit and the Special Assets/REO Group. The Senior Analyst will work closely with the Chief Appraiser, Commercial Appraisal Review Staff, Commercial Operations, Residential Appraisal Review Staff, Residential Appraisal Operations Staff and Third-Party Vendors. Therefore, they should be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in regards to the commercial lending divisions of the bank. The person in this position should also have a basic understanding of commercial appraisal applications, concepts and methodology. The Sr. Analyst should be able to perform their functions with minimal supervision and act as a lead resource for commercial lending associates, vendors and other team members. A successful individual in this role will provide increased service levels to our internal and external customers, as well as vendors.
- Sr. Analyst’s primary responsibility is to assist in managing the commercial appraisal, evaluation and environmental procurement process through one or more web-based procurement systems. The primary role is to fulfill appraisal, evaluation and environmental needs in a timely, compliant manner and to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. This position plays a key role in processing commercial related service requests from our internal bank associates, creating RFPs, analyzing vendor bid proposals, assist in vendor selection, and contractually engaging vendors,
- Sr. Analyst will be a lead resource for tracking third-party vendor services and monitoring workflow status. Sr. Analyst will play a key role in troubleshooting delays, while effectively communicating with appraisal review staff, lending groups, other bank associates and third-party vendors. Conducting CoStar Market Research (market data and market trend reports),
- Uploading and downloading files in the procurement system. Processing and distributing completed reports and corresponding review reports to appropriate parties. Processing invoices for manager approval. Preparing weekly reports, DLP lead, Records Retention lead and assist in scheduling.
- Fielding and responding to calls and emails related to CARM services, act as the first point of contact and escalate issues to CARM reviewers or Chief Appraiser, as needed. Assist management with process improvements, special projects and reporting as needs arise within the department. Training other operations support staff, as needed.
- By assuming the responsibility of these duties, the Sr. Analyst will alleviate critical time spent by the commercial review staff on these functions, and, therefore, allow the reviewers more time to focus and perform their primary role as collateral valuation risk managers. The objective is to provide excellent customer service to our commercial lending groups, which in turn, will be conveyed to the bank’s external commercial customer’s satisfaction. Additionally, this high level of service will assist the commercial lending channels in achieving their commercial banking growth projections.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- Bachelors Degree is a plus
- Experience working with a web-based procurement system preferred.
- Basic knowledge of appraisal concepts and methodology preferred.
- 5 years of banking experience required. Prior experience working with commercial lending groups, commercial credit, commercial appraisal review staff and third-party vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Capability to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills with close attention to detail.
- Competently utilize computer software- MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe, Email and a web-based management system are an integral part of daily activity.
Internal Use Only: Band H-Hourly
Job ID: 02237
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.