To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Clarita, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Mental Health Crisis Therapist
Child & Family Center • Santa Clarita, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Experience - At least 2 year(s)
Degree - Graduate Degree
Other Great Industries
Mental Health Crisis Therapist
- Screen initial client phone inquiries.
- Conduct and complete intakes for services.
- Provide in-person assessments and determine appropriateness for inpatient hospitalization versus crisis stabilization.
- Provide crisis stabilization to youngsters as needed.
- Participate in Crisis Services data collection.
- Provide clinical supervision, if qualified to do so by governing licensing board.
- Provide consultation on crisis cases/situations to staff therapists and interns.
- Provide direct clinical services.
- Provide case management services as needed.
- Be on-site 1-2 evenings a week until closing or as needed.
- Be on-call for selected weekends and evenings.
- Provide crisis coverage as needed.
- Via consultation with relevant supervisors, meet clinical quality expectations.
- Meet productivity, documentation, and other paperwork expectations.
- Provide program coverage and assistance for other departments as needed or as assigned.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and organize work responsibilities to ensure completion of assigned tasks within preset timeframes.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, and identify ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work cooperatively with employees, volunteers, clientele, and outside entities of diverse cultures, education, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in varied situations
- Good diagnostic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires the ability to independently use a computer and learn necessary computer programs
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity in assuming responsibility for actions.
- Set and achieve goals for self-development and progress.
- Presents a professional image in all internal and external Center activities.
- Demonstrate professional command of verbal and written skills.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Consistently demonstrates professional competence and effective organizational skills.
- Works with clients and staff in a professional manner.
- Work collaboratively in a highly challenging, team-oriented environment with staff that has a variety of perspectives, skills and backgrounds.
Education and Previous Work Requirements:
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or Psychology.
- Must be Licensed professional or License-eligible, i.e., LMFT, LSW, LMSW, board-registered MFT-Intern, ASW, MSW or Waivered Psychologist
- Preference will be given to applicants with two years post-degree experience in crisis intervention, community mental health and clinical treatment services for children/adolescents.
- Bilingual skills highly preferred (i.e., Spanish or other language relevant to the clients’ needs).
- Knowledge of and emphasis on goal oriented treatment.
- LPS designated training and passing of relevant examinations are required upon licensure.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record under the Clinics' liability policy. May be required to obtain a Class II California driver’s license.
- Must pass all applicable health, fingerprint/LiveScan and DMV clearances.
Physical Requirements (as applicable):
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Talk or hear
- Stand and sit
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or possibly crawl
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Bi-lingual Bonus - Spanish
- TFCBT Bonus
- MAP Bonus
- Medical Coverage
- Agency paid Dental Coverage
- Agency paid Vision Coverage
- Voluntary Family Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Agency paid Short Term Disability
- Agency paid Long Term Disability
- Agency paid Employee Life Insurance
- Agency paid Employee Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Voluntary Employee and Family Life Insurance
- Voluntary Employee and Family Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K available with Agency match
- 15 paid Holidays including 1 week holiday closure in December through January
- Vacation and Sick Time
- The position is full-time.
Key Words:LMFT, LCSW, Psychologist, MFT Intern, ASW, MSW, Waivered Psychologist, Full Service Partnership, Social Work, clinical services, nonprofit
Job ID: 1041
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Average Salaries for
This estimated salary is an approximation based on compensation data points gathered from similar job postings or existing salaries for the same or similar job title within the same market. Average salary insights are based on aggregate data and are not specific to any individual job posting.
Mental Health Therapist
Santa Clarita, CA