To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
- Category Manager IT 908
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Category Manager - Information Technology
MV Transportation • Dallas, TX
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MV Transportation is seeking a Category Manager - Information Technology. This position leads the strategic sourcing activities for Information Technology spend categories such as hardware, maintenance, software licensing, and technical services, with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels. This position will work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. The Category Manager's primary responsibility is to utilize the strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings while making effective supply base decisions. This includes direct savings captured through consolidating company-wide purchasing volume and applying operational and commercial TCO levers to reduce cost and manage contracts with suppliers.
This position will be responsible for $7 million in annual IT spend and will report directly to the CPO.
- Develop, champion and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize total cost of ownership year-over-year for assigned spend categories
- Work with CPO and operations to streamline the sourcing processes
- Track forecasted versus actual savings for the IT category and be responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential budgetary impact
- Develop and implement commodity strategies and establish and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers to ensure successful implementation and support
- Work with business unit leadership to monitor contract compliance
- Develop negotiations strategies and drive negotiations to achieve states goals and objectives
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts; identify and communicate new technologies and solutions to key problems in the assigned spend areas
- Maintain a working knowledge of internal policies (e.g. procurement, code of ethics) or procedures to ensure the behavior exhibited by the organization is with the highest level of integrity, honesty and transparency
- Lead cross-functional negotiating teams targeting key spend categories
- Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives
- Must have at least two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a related field
- Strategic sourcing activities for Information Technology spend categories such as hardware, maintenance, software licensing, and technical service
- Demonstrated savings captured through consolidating company-wide purchasing volume, applying operational and commercial TCO levers to reduce cost and manage contracts with suppliers
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.