To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hamilton, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resource Manager - Hamilton, OH
Hubbell Inc • Hamilton, OH
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Currently, Connector Manufacturing Company (a division of Hubbell, Inc.) has an opening for a Human Resource Manager located out their manufacturing facility in Hamilton, OH.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for partnering with plant leadership to deliver a high performance culture, promoting ownership, goal attainment and continuous learning and improvement at all levels of the plant. The Human Resource Manager provides the direction and administration of labor and personnel relations through application of fair and consistent personnel policies and practices, training programs and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure the organizational structure supports the strategic objectives of the facility.
- Ensure HR metrics are aligned with the business metrics and drive improvement in delivery to support key business initiatives.
- Partner with plant leadership on business strategy.
- Responsible for developing a facility communications strategy that includes formal meetings, informal small group meetings, focus groups, surveys, etc.
- Demonstrate change leadership by understanding the desired outcomes, effectively involving, managing and communicating with those impacted by change and mitigating the barriers to change.
- Identifies legal requirements, government reporting regulations, and Company policies affecting Human Resources functions and ensures that local practices and reporting are in compliance.
- Formally assess employee engagement and culture, and design strategy to close gaps to the desired state.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Recommends and implements practices to improve employee safety, productivity and quality, and to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Ensure application of corporate and local human resource procedures, practices and initiatives in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster understanding and support for Company goals and practices.
- Coordinates or conducts employee training in topics such as interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Manages performance review program and wage/salary administration to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the site.
- Assists employees to enroll in benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, and administers vacation, sick leave, and leave of absence programs and practices.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for management and the insurance carrier.
- Recommends the annual budget for Human Resource operations, and controls expenditures
- Represents the site in an ambassadorial/public relations role within the community-at-large and as an active member of Human Resources associations.
- Partners with local management team and VP of HR to manage thru any acquisition due diligence process.
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university
- 7 years+ of related experience and/or training in HR management role. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Membership in a major Human Resources Association preferred
- PHR, SPHR Certificates desired
- Travel (10-20%)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.