To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Equity Member Service Representative
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Alexandria, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Equity Member Service Representative
PenFed is hiring an Equity Member Service Representative in Alexandria, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to provide information, resolve customer issues, obtain documentation, and support information needed to process equity related products. Service and answer incoming member calls, provide support for the processors by ordering and updating services from vendors, matching and mark received documentation via Fax, Email and Secure Upload.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Primary responsibility includes assisting members who contact the Equity Department by expediting all calls and ensuring quality member service.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding the status of the application, questions regarding the equity loan process, and/or guide members in the methods of delivery for loan documentation.
- Perform outbound follow-up calls regarding required documentation that has not been submitted.
- Perform in-depth evaluation of the data received to ensure that all documentation is in order and PenFed's interests are protected.
- Assist with the notification of final loan decisions to members, inform member of outstanding requests to close the loan and set up settlements, appropriate to the member's individual situation.
- Maintain PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Serve as primary support to PenFed Operations employees in answering inquiries and providing information on equity loan programs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of equity products to accurately respond to member questions and handles member calls.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- A high-school degree and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions is required. An associate’s degree is preferred.
- Two (2) years related work experience, preferably one as a PenFed Loan Processor, required.
- Knowledge of PenFed mortgage loan products preferred.
- Experience with automated systems including Hogan and UNIFI preferred.
- This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Some travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.