To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1777 3rd Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Banquet Server - Part Time (Detroit)
MGM Resorts International • Detroit, MI
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It is the responsibility of the Banquet Server to set, serve, and clear tables during banquet and convention functions while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Statement.
- Serves and maintains the guests’ food and beverage orders throughout dining experience utilizing banquet and ala carte techniques.
- Sets up dining tables to include linen, glassware, silverware, and other service wares.
- Provides and replenishes clean dishes, silverware, glassware and condiments on individual tables as needed.
- Delivers food items to tables from service kitchens and removes courses as completed.
- Assists in breaking down dining tables and accessories after functions.
- Sets up pre-functions such as coffee breaks, continental breakfast, and buffets as assigned.
- Determines when a guest should not be served alcoholic beverages in accordance with MGM Grand Detroit policy and alcohol awareness training.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience as a Server in a high volume restaurant, banquet, casino or hotel.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong problem solving and listening skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds at a time.
- Ability to push and pull heavy items and equipment.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability to work in an environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
- Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Obtain/maintain alcohol awareness certification and food handler’s permit.