MUST HAVE MANAGED SERVICE PROVIDER EXPERIENCE
The Systems/Network Technician provides IT support services to client employees, desktops and servers. They work with Senior Management to install, configure, and maintain client computers, laptops, and servers. They assist in the documentation of all client IT assets including hardware and software. They provide training to client employees on software and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as directed by Senior Management. In short, they do whatever it takes to help our client be more productive through the use of technology.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document trouble tickets related to technical difficulties with client hardware, software, and networks.
- Provide hands-on support, trouble-shooting efforts, and remediation in a timely fashion.
- Work and interface with clients on a daily basis
- Install, configure, and harden client workstations and laptops
- Configure user accounts, user profiles, and system policies within Microsoft Active Directory Domains
- Assist with the development, review, and implementation of various SOP’s for clients
- Assist in software and equipment patching and maintenance for clients
- Assist in network documentation and asset inventory for clients
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvements within company and client networks
- Participate in rotational after hours emergency support services for client networks
- Limited travel required to support client offices
- Performs various other duties as required
- Assist Network Engineering teams in specific project tasks as directed
- Assist in the configuration and maintenance of client servers, switches, and routers
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task on simultaneous projects
- Ability to solve complex IT issues with little to no supervision
- Ability to interact with various personalities using tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of various virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of various network servers, storage arrays, routers, switches, and desktop platforms
- 2+ years’ experience working in Helpdesk environment
- 2+ years’ experience working in or with the following: Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013, Microsoft Client Operating Systems including XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013, Knowledge of various network practices and protocols including but not limited to TCP/IP, IPSEC, VPN, RDP, LDAP, EIGRP, DFS, DFSR, NAT
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- IT certifications from CompTIA or Microsoft
- Experience with Remote Management Tools in an MSP environment.
- Experience working with AutoTask, Connectwise, or similar Professional Services Application tool.
Server (Computer Science)