To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sterling Heights, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Regional Business Banking Relationship Manager
Flagstar Bank • Sterling Heights, MI
Posted 15 hours ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position TitleSr. Regional Business Banking Relationship Manager
LocationSchoenherr Rd (Sterling Heights, MI)
Job SummaryResponsible for the acquisition, retention and expansion of business banking clients and prospects. Accountable for developing revenue growth through generation of loans, deposit and fee-based services; cross-selling all applicable bank products and services to increase the number of products/services sold; identifying and selling bank services to non-clients. Responsible for leading, coaching and supporting business banking sales activities to promote business banking sales. Additionally, develop and maintain internal partnerships within Community Banking to include Commercial Banking, Merchant Services and Treasury Management. The Sr. Relationship Manager handles more complex relationships/transactions and may assist junior RM’s.
- Develop new business relationships by proactively making outside business calls both in person and by phone.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customer base in designated area.
- Retaining and grow profitable new business for business banking clients.
- Support the achievement of the business banking plan for Community Banking.
- Analyze customer financial condition and recommend financial solutions that meet the customer’s business and personal needs, while appropriately leveraging the business banking product line.
- Establish Flagstar Bank as the bank of choice for business banking customers within the designated footprint by participating in various community affairs and activities to promote the image of the bank and further develop new business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain a network of resourceful working relationships with internal business partners and external centers of influence.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT/PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT:
- Proactively serve as the client’s trusted advisor and idea generator by engaging the full resources of the bank to uncover and deliver value solutions to meet the key objectives of the client.
- Fully explore client financial profiles to provide creative options ensuring the full integration of all banking products to maximize client relationships. Includes: Consumer, Investment Center, Mortgage and Treasury Management.
- Manage portfolio of business banking customers up to $7.5mm. Manage portfolio to the highest profit potential while adhering to credit policy and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure a complete loan package is delivered and executed per the appropriate operating model.
- Experienced in asset based lending structures, commercial real estate (both owner and investor real estate) and municipal equipment financing.
- Negotiate loan terms and conditions.
- Attend loan closings and ensure proper execution of documentation.
- Take ownership of the credit quality of the portfolio, compile and analyze data for loan requests and validate obligor and facility ratings.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field is required. Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- 12+ years of sales or relationship management experience in business banking required.
- Demonstrated track record of prospecting and securing new business clients.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written and strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated credit acumen skills with the ability to understand as well as interpret financial statements and cash flow analysis.
- Knowledge of small business deposit and lending products.
- Commercial credit training required.
- Some travels required depending on client location.
- The job requires a moderate degree of physical exertion and stamina such as standing, sitting, walking, driving or infrequent lifting.
- Internal Use Only: Band C
Job ID: 02006
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.