To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Auburn Hills, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Engineer Gears
American Axle & Manufacturing • Auburn Hills, MI
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we’re looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
- Develop detailed manufacturing plans for new programs that will require new equipment or retool of existing equipment.
- Coordinate with Program Team and Plant Manufacturing to determine available capacity and floor space.
- Coordinate with Sales, Product Engineering and Cost Estimating to submit manufacturing cost estimates.
- Research and develop new manufacturing processes and equipment to improve current throughput, scrap/rework reduction, reduce cost, improve quality and improve reliability.
- Work with prototype to confirm manufacturing estimates and test proposed manufacturing processes.
- Develop Control Plans and PFMEA
- Collaborate with Product Engineering to determine most cost effective product and process
- Develop Process Flow Diagram to be used as a reference for supplier quoting
- Prepare all sourcing activities from RFQ to PO
- Coordinate program change requests
- Prepare for PLTs, Executive Reviews, and Program Review documentation
- Conduct equipment certification and run-off
- Coordinate equipment shipment, installation and launch
- 3-years minimum in a plant manufacturing environment - preferred.
- 5-years minimum automotive experience - preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Machining Principles.
- Gear cutting principles – preferred.
- Gear shaping experience – required.
- Hobbing experience – preferred.
- Gear manufacturing equipment knowledge – preferred.
- Gear manufacturing equipment supplier knowledge – preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient with AutoCAD or NX
- Self-starter, sense of urgency, problem solver.
- Strong decision making skills, with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly.
- Working knowledge of various manufacturing processes.
- Proficient with GD&T, Process Diagrams, PFMEA, Control Plans.
- CMM programmer / operator - preferred.
- Machining, Controls and Automation experience preferred.
- Travel U.S. & International.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law.