To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbridge Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr Business Development Manager – Solutions, North America, Distributed Energy & Power
Direct Energy • Woodbridge Township, NJ
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- University degree (business, economics, engineering preferred), MBA or equivalent preferred
- Strong B2B sales experience including complex deals
- Minimum 5-7 years of sales experience, with a track record of new business development
- Experience in the energy industry is strongly preferred
- Experience selling capital equipment or solution selling is preferable
- Excellent executive / customer presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with influence and quickly build credible relationships
- Proven track record of developing commercial projects
- Knowledge of North American natural gas and power markets preferred
- Quick study; capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience working in a large/global company with matrix structure/relationships preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel is a must; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers
Business Development Manager – Solutions, is a crucial member of the Sales team for Centrica DE&P. This role is expected to work broadly and collaboratively across Centrica to achieve an exciting and innovative growth agenda to deliver distributed energy solutions for large energy users.
Specifically, this revenue generating role will be responsible for the successful origination through to sales close of complex asset based and project based contracts for capital and service projects for large energy users, often across multiple products, sites, and partners (‘Solutions’) on a deal by deal basis:
- Solutions may include construction, installation, operation and maintenance of distributed energy sources and associated infrastructure such as battery storage, Combined Heat & Power and traditional gensets, solar PV, and other efficiency upgrades.
- Contracting and structuring methods for Solutions may include financing such as in the form on Energy Performance Contracts and long term support such as Energy Services Agreements.
- Contracted services should frequently include other turn-key energy aspects; including structured energy supply, demand response participation and renewable credit purchasing
In addition to deal origination, the Business Development Manager will be a key part of negotiations with third-parties including customers and suppliers; and offer critical partnership to Commercial, Delivery and Mobilization functions & leaders and as such:
- Full ownership and accountability for originating sales leads and prospects, working with Marketing to participate in trade shows, industry talks and other sales presentation opportunities
- Leverage existing network and build new pipeline of Solutions and energy efficiency projects
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Support to constantly scan for new credible sources of leads and sales opportunities, and to develop and deliver high quality/professional proposals and presentations for customers and prospects
- Work with executive team and peer development team to manage the project pipeline and develop forecasts
- Full ownership and accountability for closing deals; creating positive relationships and transactional progress while working with Commercial team on negotiations to completion
- Run economic models to assess project feasibility, and input into Commercial team pricing and deal structuring activities
- Work closely with cross-functional internal teams, including design, engineering, construction management and others to help develop and deliver projects
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text